Sathruvu (transl. Nemesis) is a 1991 Indian Telugu-language crime thriller film directed by Kodi Ramakrishna and produced by M. S. Raju under Sumanth Art Productions. It stars Venkatesh, Vijayashanti, and Kota Srinivasa Rao with music composed by Raj-Koti.
|Directed by||Kodi Ramakrishna|
|Produced by||M. S. Raju|
|Screenplay by||Kodi Ramakrishna|
Kota Srinivasa Rao
|Cinematography||S. Gopal Reddy|
|Edited by||Suresh Tata|
Ashok (Venkatesh) is an advocate who works as a junior along with his two friends Raghava (Maharshi Raghava) and Bhaskar for advocate Durga Prasad (Vijay Kumar), who always fights for Justice. Durga Prasad and his wife Lakshmi (Sangeetha) treat them as their own children. Venkataratnam (Kota Srinivasa Rao) is a powerful contractor who has the entire system in his hands. Once, Venkataratnam cheats the Govt. by saying that he has constructed the hostel for poor people without doing it, just showing it on papers. Durga Prasad takes up the case and gathers all the proofs against him. Venkataratnam threatens Durga Prasad a lot who does not yield to it. Finally, Venkataratnam kills Durga Prasad and his wife Lakshmi in front of the court and destroys all the evidence. Before dying, Durga Prasad takes a word from Ashok, that he should win this case under any circumstances. Ashok gives respect to his words and takes up the case, but he fails to get the case admitted because there is no evidence. In that frustration, Ashok reacts on Venkataratnam publicly in court. Finally, he is suspended from the court and arrested.
Now Ashok decides to take revenge against Venkataratnam and his gang. He eliminates Venkataratnam's men one by one which creates fear to Venkataratnam. So he sends his henchmen DIG Prakash Rao (Captain Raju) to hand over the case to ACP Vijaya (Vijayashanti), who was none other than Ashok's lover in his college days. Both of them challenge each other. Ashok challenges to complete his mission, while Vijaya challenges that she will stop him under any circumstance. During the process, Vijaya finds out that DIG works for Venkataratnam and collects all the proof for Venkatratnam's arrest. When she gets ready to arrest them, they plan to kill her. Ashok comes to her rescue and eliminates Venkataratnam and his entire gang. Finally, Ashok successfully completes his mission and the movie ends.
- Venkatesh as Ex Advocate Ashok
- Vijayashanti as ACP Vijaya
- Kota Srinivasa Rao as Venkataratnam
- Captain Raju as DIG Prakash Rao
- Vijay Kumar as Durga Prasad
- Jaya Prakash Reddy as Mayor Gowdappa
- Anand Raj as Satya Murthy
- Babu Antony as Jorge
- Maharshi Raghava as Raghava
- Nagesh as Contestable Ramayah
- Brahmanandam as Contestable Sambayah
- Babu Mohan as House Owner
- P. L. Narayana as Major Michel (Chintu's grandfather)
- Sangeetha as Lakshmi (Durga Prasad's wife)
- Kalpana Rai as House Owner's Wife
- Master Satish as Chintu
M. S. Raju provided the basic story idea of the film and he roped in Satya Murthy as the writer and together worked to develop the story line. The team roped in Vijaya Shanti as heroine. During the making of the film, Vijayashanti had the blockbuster Karthavyam. Venky had two blockbusters - Dhruva Nakshatram and Bobbili Raja - released at the same time. Initially, Kodi Rama Krishna opted for a newcomer for Kota's character, but Raju somehow convinced Kodi Rama Krishna to take Kota for that character.
|Film score by|
|Label||CAUVERY Audio Company|
Music composed by Raj-Koti. All songs are hit tracks. Music released on CAUVERY Audio Company.
|1.||"Amma Sampangi Reku"||Sirivennela Sitarama Sastry||SP Balu, Chitra||4:44|
|2.||"Chey Chey"||Veturi Sundararama Murthy||SP Balu, Chitra||4:59|
|3.||"Maata Vintara"||Veturi Sundararama Murthy||Mano, Chitra||4:13|
|4.||"Produnne Puttindi"||Sirivennela Sitarama Sastry||SP Balu, Chitra||3:56|
|5.||"Yamathakidi"||Veturi Sundararama Murthy||SP Balu, Chitra||4:02|
- "Sathruvu Clocks 30 Years: 5 Reasons to Watch the Venkatesh-Vijayashanthi Starrer". The Times of India. 2 January 2021. Retrieved 8 May 2021.
- "వెంకటేశ్ 'శత్రువు'కు 30ఏళ్లు". Eenadu (in Telugu). 2 January 2021. Retrieved 8 May 2021.
- "Venkatesh Sathruvu 30 Years: వెంకటేష్ హిట్ సినిమా 'శత్రువు'కు 30 ఏళ్లు పూర్తి." News18 Telugu (in Telugu). Retrieved 8 May 2021.
- "Telugu Cinema Etc - Idlebrain.com".