Shark Swarm is an American film created by RHI Entertainment as part of the Maneater film series. It premiered on Syfy on May 25, 2008. Directed by James A. Contner and written by Matthew Chernov and David Rosiak, the film stars Daryl Hannah, John Schneider and Armand Assante. It was released to generally unfavorable reviews. It is the 11th film in the Maneater Series.
|Written by||Matthew Chernov|
|Directed by||James A. Contner|
|Theme music composer||Nathan Furst|
|Country of origin||United States|
Robert Halmi Jr.
|Running time||164 minutes|
|Distributor||Larry Levinson Productions|
Corporate real estate tycoon Hamilton Lux (Armand Assante) sets his sights on developing the quaint seaside town of Full Moon Bay, California into a prime getaway for the wealthy, but runs into some unexpected problems. Lifelong fisherman Daniel Wilder (John Schneider) and wife Brooke (Daryl Hannah) own property exactly where Lux wants to build high-priced condos, and isn't planning to sell. Lux secretly laces the local waters with a toxin deadly to marine life, decimating the fishing industry in an attempt to starve Daniel out. Alas, the chemical react differently on the area's sharks, drastically increasing their aggressive tendencies and transforming them into engines of pure destruction moving in coordinated swarms. Without fish to feed on, shark attacks on humans rapidly increase. Lux uses media contacts to paint the attacks as random incidents. Daniel, his marine biologist brother and a concerned E.P.A. agent must expose Lux's plan and rid the area of the chemically-altered sharks before the town's entire population is devoured by hungry sharks.
- Daryl Hannah as Brook Wilder
- John Schneider as Daniel Wilder
- Armand Assante as Hamilton Lux
- F. Murray Abraham as Professor Bill Girdler
- Roark Critchlow as Professor Phillip Wilder
- Heather McComb as Amy Zuckerman
- John Enos III as Kane Markus
- Tiffany Hines as Michelle
- Alan Fudge as Pastor Herman
- Gene Davis as Sheriff Dexter Murray (as Eugene Davis)
- Brent King as Clint Duran
- June Squibb as Bess Wilder
- Mimi Michaels as Kim Wilder
- Elisa Donovan as Brenda
- Jacleen Haber as Tia
- Darcy Rose Byrnes as Heather
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2014)
Shark Swarm has been widely panned.
- "Shark Swarm". RHI Entertainment. Archived from the original on 2007-08-08. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- Shark Swarm: DVD Talk Review "...this made for TV stinker..."
- Shark Swarm: DVD review "......a silly movie that could have been more humorous and energetic" Archived 2013-01-21 at Archive.today
- DVD Review: Shark Swarm "...dull acting... unable to step up to the challenge..." Archived 2009-02-03 at the Wayback Machine
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Shark Swarm|