Shankar Dada Zindabad
Shankar Dada Zindabad (translation: Long Live Shankar Dada) is a 2007 Indian Telugu-language comedy drama film and a remake of the 2006 Hindi film Lage Raho Munnabhai. Rajkumar Hirani, the director and co-screenwriter of the Munna Bhai series, is one of the screenwriters for this film (along with the Paruchuri Brothers). In addition, Dilip Prabhavalkar reprised his role as Mahatma Gandhi. It is the sequel to the 2004 film, Shankar Dada MBBS.
|Shankar Dada Zindabad|
|Directed by||Prabhu Deva|
|Produced by||Akkineni Ravishankar|
|Story by||Rajkumar Hirani|
Vidhu Vinod Chopra
|Music by||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Cinematography||Chota K. Naidu|
|Edited by||Marthand K Venkatesh|
|Box office||₹25 crores|
The film directed by Prabhu Deva, Cinematography by Chota K. Naidu. Stars of the film Chiranjeevi as Shankar Dada, Srikanth as A.T.M. (Any Time Murder), Sayaji Shinde, Karishma Kotak, Sadha and Raja. The music is scored by Devi Sri Prasad. The movie, released on 27 July 2007 opened to overall mixed reviews.
Shankar Dada (Chiranjeevi) is a local goon, and ATM (Any Time Murder) (Srikanth) is like his brother. Shankar is in love with Jahnavi (Karishma Kotak) who works at a radio station. She also owns the second innings house. The only problem is that she does not know that Shankar is a goon and believes that he is a professor. When Rajalingam (Sayaji Shinde) takes the second innings house, Jahnavi, Shankar, and the residents of the second innings decide to camp in front of his house. What happens when Jahnavi finds out who Shankar really is?
Even though the movie opened to packed houses, it later on turned out to be only an above-average grosser. The movie did not go down well with all of the audiences, and the word of mouth was hampered by the mixed reviews.
- Chiranjeevi as Shankar Prasad
- Srikanth as ATM
- Karishma Kotak as Jahnavi
- Sayaji Shinde as Rajalingam
- Dilip Prabhavalkar as Mahatma Gandhi
- Vennira Aadai Nirmala as Shankar's mother
- Brahmanandam as Astrologer
- Gundu Hanumantha Rao
- Kanta Rao
- Venu Madhav
- Dharmavarapu Subrahmanyam
- Bhanu Prakash
- Pawan Kalyan as Suresh (cameo)
- Sarath Babu as Suresh's father
- Allu Arjun (cameo)
- Sadha as Sandhya (cameo)
- Ravi Teja (cameo)
- Nagababu (cameo)
- Prabhu Deva (cameo)
- Rohit as Azad (cameo)
- Deepthi Nallamothu as Soundarya
- Yana Gupta in item number
|Shankar Dada Zindabad|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||9th July, 2007|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Producer||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Devi Sri Prasad chronology|
|2.||"Good Morning Hyderabad"||Devi Sri Prasad||Shankar Mahadevan, Divya||5:14|
|3.||"Akalesthey"||Sahithi||Naveen, Mamta Mohandas||4:20|
|4.||"Chandamama"||Bhaskarabhatla Ravi Kumar||K. S. Chithra, G. Venugopal||3:42|
|5.||"Bhoogolamamntha"||Sahithi||Adnan Sami, Gopika Poornima||4:19|
|6.||"O Bapu Nuvve"||Suddala Ashok Teja||Devi Sri Prasad||3:14|
|7.||"Good Morning Hyderabad" (Devi Mix)||Devi Sri Prasad||Sagar, Devi Sri Prasad||4:25|
- "indiaglitz.com". Devi Sri Prasad to give tunes to Shankar Dada Zindabad. Retrieved 1 January 2007.
- "nonstopcinema.com". Devi Sri Prasad music for Shankar Dada Zindabad. Archived from the original on 5 January 2007. Retrieved 1 January 2007.
- "rediff.com". Chiranjeevi rocks in Shankardada Zindabad. Retrieved 27 July 2007.
- "Shankardada Zindabad - All Songs - Download or Listen Free - Saavn".