Shanghai Auto Museum
Shanghai Auto Museum is an automobile museum located in Anting, Jiading District, Shanghai, China, in the Auto Expo Park of Shanghai International Automobile City. Designed by the Architectural Design & Research Institute of Tongji University and IFB from Germany, the museum opened to the public on January 17, 2007.
Shanghai Auto Museum building
|Website||Shanghai Auto Museum (in English)|
The museum is the first specialist museum of its kind in China. With a gross floor area of 28,000 square meters and an exhibition area of approximately 10,000 square meters, it is divided into four sections: history, collection, exploration and temporary exhibitions respectively. The museum houses a collection of over 100 classic automobiles, representing nearly 50 brands from China and abroad, spanning 100 years of automobile history and development. The History Pavilion houses 27 cars representing milestones in automotive development. The Antique Car Pavilion contains 40 cars from 20 different manufacturers dating between 1900 and 1970. The Chinese and foreign car models on display include Fords, Fiat 500, Austin 7, Rover P5, Jaguar E-Type and a GM EV1.
- "Architecture Features". Archived from the original on May 17, 2012. Retrieved 19 July 2016.
- "A visit to Shanghai Auto Museum". People Daily. 8 May 2013. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Vintage Ford cars part of Michigan's promotion". Shanghai Municipal Government. 21 September 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "A visit to the Shanghai Auto Museum". Chinacartimes.com. 24 June 2010. Archived from the original on 2010-06-27. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "General Motors EV1 pops up in China, times two".
Media related to Shanghai Auto Museum at Wikimedia Commons
- Shanghai Auto Museum website (in Chinese)
- Shanghai Auto Museum website (in English)
- Shanghai Automobile website (in English)
- Shanghai Auto Museum at Automuseums
|This article related to a museum in the People's Republic of China is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|