|Minister for Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs|
6 January 2009 – 21 November 2013
|Preceded by||A F Hasan Arif|
|Succeeded by||Anisul Huq|
|Born||16 July 1937|
Comilla District, Bengal Presidency, British India
|Political party||Bangladesh Awami League|
Ahmed earned his bachelor's and master's in geography from the University of Dhaka in 1958 and 1959 respectively. He earned his LLB degree from the same university in 1963. He earned his LLM degree from King's College London in 1967. He received his Bar-at-law from Lincoln's Inn in 1967.
- "28 ministers out, effectively". Dhaka Tribune. 2013-11-21. Retrieved 2020-04-04.
- "Profile Of Ministers: Barrister Shafique Ahmed". The Daily Star. 8 January 2009. Archived from the original on 2013-01-26.
- "Shafique, Inu contradict over ministers' resignation". The Daily Star. 12 November 2013. Retrieved 2015-11-18. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Honorable Minister". Law and Justice Division. Retrieved 2017-09-03.
- "Profile Of Ministers". The Daily Star. Archived from the original on 2013-01-26. Retrieved 2018-11-26. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "161 students get Prof Mahfuza Khanam-Barrister Shafique Ahmed stipend". The Daily Star. 2016-10-01. Retrieved 2019-12-10.