Seth Stewart is an American actor, singer and dancer known for his roles in the musicals Hamilton (2015) and In the Heights (2008). He also appeared in the films Friends with Benefits (2011), Britney: For the Record (2008), and Music and Lyrics (2007).
Stewart is from Kent, Ohio. As a boy, Stewart played football and wrestled, but always wanted to act. He studied dance starting at age 10 at the James Dance and Performing Arts Center in Howland, and then with Inna Stabrova and Dmitri Tuboltsev at the Ohio Youth Ballet as a teen. He graduated from Theodore Roosevelt High School in 2002 and started the Fordham University/Alvin Ailey School BFA program, leaving prior to graduating. He attended The Ailey School of the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater for a year and a half.
Sweet Charity: 2005 Broadway revivalEdit
In the Heights: 2008 BroadwayEdit
Stewart originated the role of "Graffiti Pete" in the musical In the Heights. He appeared in the original production, which premiered Off-Broadway at 37 Arts in January 2007 in previews. The New York Times reviewer wrote of his performance: "A particular standout is Seth Stewart, playing a sweet-hearted graffiti artist, who seems to have little springboards in his sneakers." He appeared in the original Broadway production from February 14, 2008 to August 25, 2009, and then returned for a four-week engagement from June 7, 2010 to July 3, 2010.
In the musical, Stewart was part of the ensemble cast and began his journey as an understudy to Daveed Diggs for the roles of Marquis de Lafayette and Thomas Jefferson. As of September 2016, he assumed both roles on a permanent basis.
|2005||Sweet Charity||Ensemble||Al Hirschfeld Theatre|
|2008||In the Heights||Graffiti Pete||Richard Rogers Theatre|
|2015||Hamilton||Ensemble||Richard Rogers Theatre|
|2016||Hamilton||Marquis de Lafayette, Thomas Jefferson||Richard Rogers Theatre|
|2016||The Karma Club||Owen Parker|
|2012||Smash (TV series)||Dancer|
|2011||Friends with Benefits||Dancer|
In addition to theater and appearances in movies, Stewart has been on tour with Jennifer Lopez and Madonna. In addition to that, Stewart has starred in Paula DeAnda's music video "Walk Away (Remember Me)" as DeAnda's ex-boyfriend as well as Jay Z.
- Clawson, Kerry. " 'Hamilton' ensemble member Seth Stewart, a Kent native, happy he took leap of faith" ohio.com, June 3, 2016
- "In The Heights – Chasing Broadway Dreams". Great Performances. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
-  youtube.com
- Isherwood, Charles. "From the Corner Bodega, the Music of Everyday Life" The New York Times, February 9, 2007
- In the Heights Playbill, retrieved January 25, 2017
- Corbin Bleu Extends in 'In the Heights' to 8/17; Seth Stewart Returns as Graffiti Pete" broadwayworld.com, May 25, 2010
- McPhee, Ryan (September 29, 2016). "What'd He Miss? Seth Stewart Is Hamilton's New Marquis de Lafayette & Thomas Jefferson on Broadway". broadway.com. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
|This theatrical biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|