Italian Hockey League - Serie A
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Italian Hockey League - Serie A, formerly known as Serie A, is the top tier of professional ice hockey in Italy, which first began play in 1925. They are conducted under the authority of the Federazione Italiana Sport del Ghiaccio (FISG). As in the other top-level Italian sports leagues, the winners of the IHL - Serie A will wear the Scudetto the following season. The league's cup is known as the Rbk Hockey Cup to reflect Reebok's sponsorship of the league. The league initially merged with the Inter-National League to become the Alps Hockey League in 2016.
Lega Italiana Hockey su Ghiaccio
|No. of teams||7|
- First part: "Regular season" - Every team plays four matches (2 home and 2 on the road) against each other. Team points are then halved and the second part begins.
- Second part: "Master round/Relegation round" - Teams are divided into two groups, the master round (Group A) with the top 4 teams and the relegation round (Group B) with the last 5 teams. Every team plays two matches (1 home and 1 on the road) against the teams of its group. In the end, the final standings determine the playoff tree. 8 teams access to the playoff: the 4 teams in Group A and the best 4 teams in Group B). The last one of the relegation round ends the season sooner but it won't play in the lower division next year, since no movements from one division to another are foreseen.
- Third part: "Play Off" - Quarterfinals: 1A vs 4B, 2A vs 3B, 3A vs 2B, 4A vs 1B. Quarterfinals, semifinals and finals will be played at the best of 5.
Points: Win 2 points - Tie 1 point
Serie A championsEdit
¹ AC Milanese DG, Milan-Inter HC and Diavoli HC Milano are teams which were born from the disbanding of HC Milano & HC Diavoli Rossoneri Milano.
² HC Devils Milano adopted the name 'AC Milan Hockey' for the 1993-94 season.
- Craig Adams
- Éric Bélanger
- Ryan Christie
- Matt Cullen
- Mathieu Dandenault
- Chris DiDomenico
- Magnus Eriksson
- Rico Fata
- Dmitri Gogolev
- David Haas
- Greg Hawgood
- Niklas Hjalmarsson
- Jaromír Jágr
- Jari Kurri
- Bob Manno
- Steve McKenna
- Frank Nigro
- Dušan Pašek
- Steve Passmore
- Fernando Pisani
- Stéphane Quintal
- Cliff Ronning
- Blaine Stoughton
- Mikhail Vasiliev
- Ken Yaremchuk
- "AHL offiziell vorgestellt - Einschreibefrist endet am 15. Juni" (in German). May 30, 2016. Retrieved June 6, 2016.
- "Clubs of Elite.A gathered in Verona yesterday" (in Italian). Elite.A. 2013-08-02. Retrieved 2013-08-23.
- "Le decisioni del Consiglio Federale: IHL – Serie A e Commissioni Campionati" (in Italian). 2018-09-15. Retrieved 2018-09-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Serie A (ice hockey).|
- Official website of the Italian Ice Hockey League (in Italian and German)
- Official statistics on powerhockey.info
- Official website of the Italian Ice Sports Federation - Ice Hockey section (in Italian)
- Tuttohockey - News and statistics from around the league (in Italian)
- HockeyTime - News and interviews from around the league (in Italian)
- Südtirol on Ice - News, tables and discussions from around Italian hockey with a focus on South Tyrol-based teams (in German)