Sergo Zakariadze (Georgian: სერგო ზაქარიაძე [sɛɾɡɔ zakʰɑɾiɑd͡zɛ]; 1 July [O.S. June 18] 1909 – 12 April 1971) was a Soviet and Georgian stage and film actor and pedagogue. People's Artist of the USSR (1958).
|Died||12 April 1971 (aged 61)|
|Occupation(s)||Actor, theater pedagogue|
Zakariadze was born in Baku in 1909. He won several prizes, among them Best Actor honors at the 4th Moscow International Film Festival for his portrayal of an old peasant who joined the Red Army in order to find his son in the movie Father of a Soldier (Djariskatsis mama). His final role was in Bondarchuk's Waterloo as Prussian Marschall Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher, just a few months before his death. He died in Tbilisi.
|1942||Giorgi Saakadze||Shadiman Chavchavadze|
|1948||Keto da Kote|
|1953||The Great Warrior Skanderbeg||Laonicus|
|1960||Dge ukanaskneli, dge pirveli||Giorgi|
|1962||Zgvis biliki||Old sailor|
|1965||Father of a Soldier||Giorgi Makharashvili|
|1967||Male gazapkhuli mova||Minago|
|1969||Don't Grieve||Doctor Levan Tsintsadze|
|1970||Waterloo||Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher||(final film role)|
- Medal "For Valiant Labour in the Great Patriotic War 1941–1945"
- Medal "For Labour Valour" (1941)
- Order of the Red Banner of Labour (1944)
- People's Artist of the Georgian SSR (1946)
- Stalin Prize, 1st class (1946)
- Order of the Badge of Honour (1950)
- Stalin Prize, 2nd class (1952)
- People's Artist of the USSR (1958)
- Lenin Komsomol Prize (1965)
- Lenin Prize (1966)
- Order of Lenin (1967)
- Shota Rustaveli Prize (1971, posthumous)
- Sergo Zakariadze at IMDb
- Photograph from photo.ru
- "Sergo Zakariadze". actors.ru. Retrieved 26 March 2005.