This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sergei Georgievich Walter (Ukrainian: Сергій Георгійович Вальтер, also known as Serhij Valter; January 21, 1958 — February 25, 2015) was a Ukrainian politician. He was the Secretary of the City Council of Melitopol, Ukraine (2002–2010) and Mayor of Melitopol (2010–2015).
Walter was born in 1958 in Melitopol, Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine. In 1975, he graduated from Melitopol high school number 11. From 1976–1980, he worked as a driver in the Melitopol enterprise "Agriculture", and in 1980–1981 he worked at Melitopol station and served in the military. From 1976–1979 Walter served two sentences in Berdyansk prison for embezzlement of state property.
On February 8, 2013, the decision of the court regarding Sergei Walter was dismissed by the mayor.[clarification needed]
His death was investigated as murder, but forensic experts were inclined towards a verdict of suicide. According to the press centre in the ATC Zaporozhye region, information on the case was brought in for Erdre ch. 1, Art. 115 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine (Murder).
Denis Korhogo Derzhobvynuvach stated that in light of the conclusions as to the cause of death, Sergei Walter's case is closed.
A civil memorial service for Walter was held at the house of culture in Melitopol on February 27.
- «Melitopol. Students School-11 with a new computer class" article in "Melitopol's'ki information"
- SG Walter Online "Who's Who in Kiev" Archived January 5, 2016, at the Wayback Machine
- "Мера Мелітополя знайшли повішеним", Ukrayinska Pravda, February 25, 2015 (in Ukrainian)
- "Mysteriöse Todesserie - Wer räumt die Janukowitsch-Vertrauten aus dem Weg?", focus.de, April 16, 2015 (in German)
- "У Мелітополі оголошено траур у зв'язку зі смертю мера міста", unian.ua, February 27, 2015 (in Ukrainian)
- biography at kto.zp.ua (in Ukrainian)