Serge & Christine Ghisoland
Eurovision Song ContestEdit
In 1970, the then unknown married couple took part in the semi-finals of the Belgian Eurovision selection with two songs, "Lai lai lai" and "Nous serons toi et moi". Both qualified for the final, but the Ghisolands decided to withdraw "Nous serons toi et moi", leaving "Lai lai lai" to go forward, where it finished fourth.
In 1972 the couple were chosen as the Belgian representatives and performed ten songs which were the subject of a public vote. The winner was "À la folie ou pas du tout" ("Madly, or Not At All"), which went forward to the 17th Eurovision Song Contest, held on 25 March in Edinburgh. "À la folie ou pas du tout" finished the evening in 17th place of 18 entries, ahead only of the Maltese song.
There is little information available on the couple after their Eurovision appearance, although Serge Ghisoland is believed to have worked for many years with Belgian record label, Elver. He was also a music teacher in several schools in the Mouscron/Comines region of Belgium.
- Belgian Eurovision contestant information Archived 2010-01-23 at the Wayback Machine
- Eurovision Song Contest national finals database - Belgium 1970 semi final
- Eurovision Song Contest national finals database - Belgium 1970 final
- Eurovision Song Contest national finals database - 1972
- "À la folie ou pas du tout" at diggiloo.net
- Brief biography Archived 2012-07-07 at Archive.today (in French)
Jacques Raymond & Lily Castel
with "Goeiemorgen, morgen"
| Belgium in the Eurovision Song Contest
Nicole & Hugo
with "Baby, Baby"