Senator Ninoy Aquino, Sultan Kudarat
Senator Ninoy Aquino, officially the Municipality of Senator Ninoy Aquino, is a 3rd class municipality in the province of Sultan Kudarat, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 46,882 people.
Senator Ninoy Aquino
|Municipality of Senator Ninoy Aquino|
Map of Sultan Kudarat with Senator Ninoy Aquino highlighted
|Region||Soccsksargen (Region XII)|
|Founded||February 17, 1989|
|Barangays||20 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Randy L. Ecija|
|• Vice Mayor||Rafael George L. Flauta III|
|• Congressman||Horacio P. Suansing Jr.|
|• Electorate||27,030 voters (2019)|
|• Total||320.00 km2 (123.55 sq mi)|
|• Density||150/km2 (380/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)64|
|Climate type||tropical climate|
|Income class||3rd municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||117.9 million (2016)|
It brought Barangays Buenaflores, Bugso, Kiadsam, Kadi, Kulaman, Malegdeg and Sewod in the Municipality of Kalamansig and Langgal in the Municipality of Bagumbayan to constitute into an independent municipality. The seat of government of the municipality is situated in Barangay Kulaman.
Senator Ninoy Aquino is politically subdivided into 20 barangays.
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Sultan Kudarat". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region XII (Soccsksargen)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Republic Act No. 06712; An Act Creating the Municipality of Senator Ninoy Aquino in the Province of Sultan Kudarat" (PDF). House of Representatives of the Philippines. 17 February 1989. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region XII (Soccsksargen)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region XII (Soccsksargen)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Sultan Kudarat". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.