"Dharmottama Satya Praja"
Semarang Regency within Central Java
|Founded||2 May 1547|
|• Mayor||dr. H. Mundjirin ES .SpOG|
|• Vice-mayor||Ir. Warnadi MM|
|• Total||1,447 km2 (559 sq mi)|
|• Density||640/km2 (1,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+7 (Indonesia Western Standard Time)|
|Area code(s)||0274, 0298|
Administratively, Semarang Regency is bordered by Kendal and Temanggung Regencies in the west, Boyolali Regency amd Magelang Regency in the south, Grobogan and Demak Regencies in the east and the city of Semarang in the north. Salatiga City, meanwhile, forms an enclave within the Regency, and is administratively separate. Geographically, it is located between 110 14 54,75 110 39 3 East Longitude and 7 3 57 7 30 South Latitude.Semarang Regency has an area of 95.020 Hectares, with a productive land area of 24.417 Hectares.
Air temperature in this regency is relatively cold because it is located between 318 to 1.450 m above sea level. Ungaran Barat District is the lowest area, while Getasan District is the highest. In 2005 there was 97 rainy days and in 2007 was 83 rainy days. Bawen District is an area with the most rainy days (144 days) and Suruh District the least (30 days).
- Budha Gaya Watugong Shrine. Budha Gaya Watugong shrine complex has great artistic value. With the height of 39 metres, it represents the highest pagoda in Indonesia. It was built in 2005, and it is located in front of Makodam IV Diponegoro Semarang. In this seven-floor building, there are some Welas Asih Goddess statues lied on its second until sixth floor, and also has 20 Kwan Im statues.
- The Indonesian Railway Museum is located on the town of Ambarawa. The museum is located on a decommissioned railway station and houses several train locomotives, carriages, and railway paraphernalia from the colonial era.
- The Gedong Songo Temple Complex are a series of temples located some 5 kilometers from the town of Bandungan, on the slopes of Mount Ungaran built in the Hindu-Buddhist era.
- Penggaron Forest. Penggaron forest height is about 350 metres above sea level with temperature of 20 °C until 26 °C with fresh and clean air. This forest recreation site lies within 17 kilometres from Semarang and only 2 kilometres from Ungaran so making its area very close to the urban areas. Dominated by pine forest, though other species can also be found.
- Lake Rawapening is a freshwater lake located in the districts of Ambarawa, Banyubiru, Bawen, and Tuntang. It is home to a unique ecosystem made out of floating water hyacinth islands and is an important center of fisheries and birdlife in the Regency.
- Tlogo Coffee Plantation. Tlogo Coffee Plantation is located in Delik village, Semarang regency of Central Java province. It is an area with the width of 415 hectare and height 400 until 675 metres above sea level. Cold weather and clean air which are free from pollution will bring enjoyable moment and beautiful panorama.
- Biro Pusat Statistik, Jakarta, 2011.
- (in Indonesian) Official website