Selection Day (TV series)
Selection Day is an Indian Netflix Original Sports web television series, based on Aravind Adiga's 2016 novel of the same name. Produced by Anil Kapoor and Anand Tucker, it stars Mohammad Samad, Yash Dholye, Karanvir Malhotra, Rajesh Tailang, Mahesh Manjrekar, Ratna Pathak Shah, Shiv Pandit, Parul Gulati and Akshay Oberoi. The series follows the life of two brothers Radha and Manju who are raised by their cricket obsessed father and meet their rival Javed. Selection Day premiered on 28 December, 2018.
|Based on||Selection Day|
by Aravind Adiga
|Written by||Marston Bloom|
|Directed by||Udayan Prasad|
Ratna Pathak Shah
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Original release||28 December 2018|
Radha and Manju are two brothers who have been trained by their father to become the next great pair of cricket batsmen. After toying with the bowling attacks of their local village teams, their father decides it is time for them to move to Mumbai and hope to be selected to play in domestic leagues in the upcoming selection season.
- Mohammad Samad as Manju Kumar
- Yash Dholye as Radha Kumar
- Karanvir Malhotra as Javed Ansari
- Rajesh Tailang as Mohan Kumar
- Mahesh Manjrekar as Tommy Sir
- Ratna Pathak Shah as Nellie
- Shiv Pandit as Lord Subramanyam
- Akshay Oberoi as Anand Mehta
- Vipashyana Dubey as Zoya
- Parul Gulati as Monica Tandon
- Pakhi Gupta as Sophia
- "Netflix announces original series Selection Day". The Indian Express. 9 October 2018. Retrieved 10 November 2018.
- Mirwani, Saniya (9 November 2018). "'Selection Day' Teaser: Netflix Promises a Gripping Cricket Drama". The Quint. Retrieved 10 November 2018.
- "Netflix sets December date for web series 'Selection Day'". Scroll.in. 8 October 2018. Retrieved 10 November 2018.
- Ramachandran, Naman (3 August 2017). "Netflix Announces India Originals 'Selection Day' and 'Again'". Variety. Retrieved 10 November 2018.
- Arora, Akhil. "Netflix Indian Original Series Selection Day Gets December Release Date". NDTV. Retrieved 10 November 2018.