Sea Cliff, San Francisco
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sea Cliff (sometimes spelled Seacliff) is a neighborhood in northwestern San Francisco, California. It is known for its large houses and ocean views. Sea Cliff is one of eight master–planned residence parks in San Francisco; its master plan was developed by landscape architect Mark Daniels.
|• Supervisor||Catherine Stefani|
|• Assemblymember||Phil Ting (D)|
|• State Senator||Scott Wiener (D)|
|• U. S. Rep.||Nancy Pelosi (D)|
|• Total||0.37 km2 (0.143 sq mi)|
|• Land||0.37 km2 (0.143 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,510/km2 (6,490/sq mi)|
|GNIS feature ID||1655550|
Houses in the Sea Cliff neighborhood are large and many offer views of the Pacific Ocean, the Golden Gate Bridge, and the Marin Headlands. A small public beach named China Beach and the national park Land's End are located in the neighborhood.
There are several buildings in Sea Cliff by notable architects:
- 9, 25 and 45 Scenic Way, built in 1914, Architect Willis Polk (1867–1924)
- The Hanson House at 126 27th Avenue, built in 1907, Architect John Charles Flugger (1865–1930)
- 50 Scenic Way, built in 1921 for Maude Strowbridge, Architect Julia Morgan (1872–1957)
- 60 Mclaren and 455 Sea Cliff, Albert L. Farr (?– 1947).
Sea Cliff contains the residences for the consul generals of Switzerland, South Korea, The Netherlands.
Some of the neighborhood's more famous current and past residents include:
- Ansel Adams, photographer
- Larry Baer, San Francisco Giants CEO
- Luke Brugnara, real estate tycoon
- Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and Square, Inc.
- Donald Fisher, Gap founder
- Kirk Hammett, Metallica guitarist
- Paul Kantner, Jefferson Airplane guitarist
- Eugene Levy, actor
- Cheech Marin, actor
- Clinton Reilly, real estate mogul
- Walter Shorenstein, real estate investor
- George Soros, hedge fund investor
- Tom Steyer, hedge fund manager and 2020 Presidential Candidate
- Sharon Stone, actress
- Robin Williams, comic actor
- "Statewide Database". UC Regents. Retrieved December 29, 2014.
- "California's 12th Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC.
- "Researching Residence Parks". SF West History. 10 (4). Oct–Dec 2014.
- "Mark Daniels: Landscape Architect of Forest Hill, Sea Cliff and More". Western Neighborhoods Project, Outsidelands.org, April 2, 2003.
- Thomas, Owen (June 18, 2012). "We Hear Twitter Cofounder Jack Dorsey Now Lives In A $10 Million House". Business Insider.
- Emily Landes (December 12, 2017). "Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett slashes $3 million off Sea Cliff mansion". Houston Chronicle.