Señora Acero, also known as Señora Acero: La Coyote, is an American telenovela created by Roberto Stopello and it started airing on American broadcast channel Telemundo on 23 September 2014, and concluded on 29 January 2019. Produced by Argos Comunicación and Telemundo Studios, and distributed by Telemundo Internacional.
Señora Acero season four title card
|Created by||Roberto Stopello|
|Theme music composer||Mario Quintero Lara|
|Opening theme||See below|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||387 (list of episodes)|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||23 September 2014 –|
29 January 2019
Set and filmed in Mexico, Seasons 1 and 2 tell the story of Sara Aguilar (Blanca Soto), a young female housewife, who by self-indecision ends up becoming the most powerful drug trafficker in all of Mexico to be able to protect her son and her friends. Seasons 3 and 4 focus on the life of Vicenta Rigores better known as "La Coyote" (Carolina Miranda), a beautiful young woman who helps immigrants cross the borders of Mexico to go to the United States, after learning that she is the daughter of Vicente Acero and has the blood of Acero, ends up joining the world of drug traffickers along with her brother Salvador Acero (Michel Duval) so she can continue to help immigrants and defend against injustices.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||73||23 September 2014||12 January 2015|
|2||75||22 September 2015||11 January 2016|
|3||93||19 July 2016||5 December 2016|
|4||77||6 November 2017||20 February 2018|
|5||69||15 October 2018||29 January 2019|
The series follows the life of Sara Aguilar Bermúdez (Blanca Soto), a woman who has everything anyone can want in life. She is so happy, that nothing tells her what fate has prepared for her. The day that she decides to marry for the church with her husband Vicente Acero (Damián Alcázar), at the request of her son Salvador, a paramilitary command assassinates her husband. Sara changes her life forever because she discovers that her husband was not who she believed. This is how the opportunity comes to Sara to take revenge on all those who hurt her and tried to sink her as she struggled to get along with her son.
In season two, after remaining in prison for five years, Sara hopes to be released for lack of evidence. However, the president of the Republic, at the request of his private secretary, Berta Aguilar (Luciana Silveyra), has sentenced Sara to 25 years in prison. The hatred of a resentful sister, the political ambitions of a corrupt president, and another bad move of destiny, plunge Señora Acero into a deep depression. Once again it is her turn to say goodbye to his son Salvador (Michel Duval) and her great love, Manuel Caicedo (Lincoln Palomeque).
In season three, three years later, Vicenta (Carolina Miranda) is one of the most respected and feared coyotes on the border between Mexico and the United States. Immigrants seek her because she has a reputation for protecting them with her life when they pass the edge. Homeland Security officials are looking for her, especially Daniel Phillips (Luis Ernesto Franco). The other coyotes want her dead because she is taking away the business. La Coyote does not know that she is a bastard daughter of narco Vicente Acero and half sister of Salvador (Michel Duval), the sole heir of the Acero Dynasty so far. Chucho Casares (Sergio Goyri) will be Vicenta's worst enemy not only because he is the murderer of her mother but because he will oppose her relationship with Abelardo, his son. For Vicenta to carry the surname Acero can be your salvation or your death sentence. What is clear is that that last name runs through her veins and that now she is the only "Señora Acero".
In season four, Vicenta Acero (Carolina Miranda), who is one of the most respected and feared coyotes on the border between Mexico and the United States; she is sought by a large number of immigrants, thanks to her reputation to protect them with their lives when they pass to the other side of the border; but because of her fame, the other coyotes want her dead, since she is taking away their business. In addition to this, Vicenta Acero is wanted by the governments of Mexico and the United States since her family is the main suspect in the death of Governor Chucho Casáres (Sergio Goyri) and her brother Salvador (Michel Duval) is taken to jail; after leaving the hotel where he was hiding. Vicenta Acero and Daniel Phillips (Luis Ernesto Franco) are followed by the head of the Department of National Security, Indira Cárdenas (Gaby Espino), and the border patrol of the state of Texas; they both are trying to prevent these two from continuing to cross immigrants at the border. Added to this, the Colombian Drug Trafficker, Julián Romero (Diego Cadavid) arrives in Mexico to avenge the death of his relatives and her mom, Briceida Montero. Julián is obsessed in finding Vicenta to carry out his purposes against Salvador and El Gallo (Óscar Priego).
In season five, Vicenta Acero (Carolina Miranda), who she’s pregnant during eight months, the time comes when Vicenta decides to bury her husband Daniel Philips (Luis Ernesto Franco), who died after six months have been in a coma. During the funeral of her husband, Vicenta communicates anonymously with Alberto Fuentes (David Chocarro) FBI agent to inform him that the murderer of her husband is at the funeral, after following the track of the call, arrives at the funeral in where is Vicenta and he realizes that it was a false alarm and begins to argue with Vicenta. During the discussion Vicenta begins to give indications of giving birth and there is only time for her to give birth. Alberto of the nothing receives the son of Vicenta and between them a very strong bond is born that unites them immediately. On the other hand El Teca (William Miller), who supposedly died at the hands of Salvador Acero (Michel Duval) 5 years ago. El Teca returns after spending 6 years in prison in the United States just to get revenge on the Acero Family, who ended up with his entire family and his cartel. His only goal is to kill Vicenta's son. Vicenta and Salvador both dedicated to the breeding of horses and Josefina and El Gallo dedicated to politics, have been completely isolated from all the problems for 6 years and away from any danger, but suddenly they will be forced to flee when they find out about the repair of El Teca. Who will use unimaginable methods to destroy them all. Meanwhile La Tuti (Ana Lucía Domínguez) has managed to keep her son out of Mexico thanks to the profits she has obtained in her business of exotic dancers, but she will be forced to be always protected by guaruras, to avoid that El Teca extorts her and wants to take away her son Álvaro. Despite all her efforts to keep her family together and safe, Vicenta will make a difficult decision; Get away from your family and your new love together with your child. Away from her family, Vicenta together with her son will face many dangers, but not everything is bad for her, on the way away from her family and the whole world she meets Lucas Iglesias (Guillermo Zulueta), a hippie who gives her an inn on the beach where he works. In this new refuge, she meets La Mecha (María Rojo), who suddenly becomes a new mother for Vicenta; and Nancy (Patricia Manterola) who becomes her best friend. In this new world in which everyone just wants to defend their children, Vicenta and La Tuti join forces to end El Teca, and thus be able to give their children a better future and to sleep in peace.
Cast and charactersEdit
- Blanca Soto as Sara Aguilar (seasons 1–2)
- Litzy as Aracely Paniagua (seasons 1–3)
- Damián Alcázar as Vicente Acero (season 1; stand-in season 3)[Note 1][Note 2]
- Marco Pérez as Felipe Murillo (season 1)
- Jorge Zárate as El Indio Amaro (seasons 1–4)
- Rossana San Juan as Mariana Huerdo (season 1)[Note 1]
- Andrés Palacios as Eliodoro Flores Tarso (season 1)
- Rebecca Jones as Enriqueta Sabido (season 1)
- José Luis Reséndez as El Teca (seasons 1–2; guest season 4)
- William Miller as El Teca (season 5)
- Lincoln Palomeque as Manuel Caicedo (seasons 1–3)
- Alejandro Calva as Miguel Quintanilla (season 1; recurring, season 2; main)
- Carolina Miranda as Vicenta Acero (seasons 3–5)
- Luis Ernesto Franco as Daniel Phillips (seasons 3–4)
- Sergio Goyri as Chucho Casáres (season 3)
- Laura Flores as Edelmira Rigores (season 3)[Note 1]
- José María Torre as El Cheneque (season 3)
- Ana Lucía Domínguez as La Tuti (season 2; recurring, seasons 3–5)
- Gaby Espino as Indira Cárdenas (seasons 3-4)[Note 3]
- Diego Cadavid as Julián Montero (seasons 4–5)
- David Chocarro as Alberto Fuentes (season 5)
- Paulina Gaitán as Leticia Moreno (season 5)
- Mauricio Islas as Hector Ruiz (season 5)
- Dagoberto Gama as Juan Ramon (season 5)[Note 1]
- Maria Rojo as Mercedes Berríos / La Mecha (season 5)[Note 1]
- Despite only appearing in a few episodes in individual seasons, is credited as main.
- In season 3, Alcázar only appears as archive footage, but in some episodes another unknown actor appears playing the character.
- Despite being accredited at the end of the credits, it has a special mention and is accredited by the sources as the protagonist.
|Season||Episodes||First aired||Last aired||Avg. viewers|
|1||74||23 September 2014||TBD||12 January 2015||2.76||TBD|
|2||75||22 September 2015||2.43||11 January 2016||2.65||TBD|
|3||93||19 July 2016||TBD||5 December 2016||TBD||TBD|
|4||73[Note 1]||6 November 2017||1.77||20 February 2018||1.84||1.37|
|5||69[Note 1]||15 October 2018||1.39||29 January 2019||1.23||1.04|
- Should reflect the number of episodes that contribute to the average given in the last column.
The telenovela might have starred Sandra Echeverría, but, Blanca Soto was selected for the role of protagonist. The title of the telenovela was tentatively first "Mujer de Acero", then later was changed to "Señora Acero".
- Track listing
|1.||"La Señora de Acero[A]" (Los Tucanes de Tijuana)||5:33|
|2.||"La venganza de Sarita[B]" (Los Tucanes de Tijuana)||4:33|
|3.||"La Coyote[C]" (Los Tucanes de Tijuana)||5:35|
|4.||"La justiciera de la frontera[D]" (Los Tucanes de Tijuana)||5:36|
|5.||"Yo no pienso volver" (Litzy)||[E]|
- Main theme of season one.
- Main theme of season two.
- Main theme of season three.
- Main theme of season four.
- This song was never released in a single format, it was only created for the series and only small parts are heard.
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2014||People en Español||Best Actress||Blanca Soto||Nominated|
|Galanazo del año||Andrés Palacios||Nominated|
|Best on-screen chemistry||Blanca Soto and Andrés Palacios||Nominated|
|Best telenovela||Señora Acero||Nominated|
|Best Female Antagonist||Rebecca Jones||Nominated|
|Best Male Antagonist||Jorge Zárate||Nominated|
|2015||Premios Tu Mundo||The Best Actor with Bad Luck||Blanca Soto||Nominated|
|First Actress||Rebecca Jones||Nominated|
|First Actor||Damián Alcázar||Nominated|
|Súper Serie of the Year||Señora Acero||Nominated|
|Favorite Lead Actor: Súper Series||Andrés Palacios||Nominated|
|Favorite Lead Actress: Súper Series||Blanca Soto||Nominated|
|The Best Bad Boy: Series||José Luis Reséndez||Nominated|
|The Best Bad Girl: Series||Luciana Silveyra||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress: Series||Litzy||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor: Series||Arturo Barba||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor: Series||Jorge Zárate||Nominated|
|2016||Miami Life Awards||Best Female Lead in a Telenovela||Blanca Soto||Nominated|
|Best Male Lead in a Telenovela||José Luis Reséndez||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor in a Telenovela||Mauricio Henao||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress in a Telenovela||Rossana San Juan||Nominated|
|Best telenovela||Señora Acero||Nominated|
|Premios Tu Mundo||Súper Serie of the Year||Señora Acero||Nominated|
|Favorite Lead Actress: Súper Series||Blanca Soto||Nominated|
|Favorite Lead Actor: Súper Series||José Luis Reséndez||Nominated|
|The Best Bad Girl: Súper Series||Luciana Silveyra||Nominated|
|The Best Bad Boy: Súper Series||Rodrigo Guirao||Won|
|Favorite Actress||Ana Lucía Domínguez||Nominated|
|Favorite Actor||Lincoln Palomeque||Won|
|The Perfect Couple: Súper Series||Blanca Soto and Lincoln Palomeque||Nominated|
|Litzy and Rodrigo Guirao||Nominated|
|Revelation of the Year||Michel Duval||Nominated|
|2017||Your World Awards||Favorite Súper Series||Señora Acero||Nominated|
|Favorite Lead Actor||Luis Ernesto Franco||Nominated|
|Favorite Lead Actress||Carolina Miranda||Nominated|
|The Best Bad Boy||José María Torre||Nominated|
|The Best Bad Girl||Gaby Espino||Nominated|
|Favorite Actor||Michel Duval||Nominated|
|The Perfect Couple||Luis Ernesto Franco and Carolina Miranda||Nominated|
|Soy Sexy And I Know It||Ana Lucía Domínguez||Nominated|
- ""Señora Acero", la madre que se hizo mafiosa por su hijo". lacapital.com.ar (in Spanish). Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- Gómez, Marlon. "Conociendo a la Señora Acero". elmundonewspaper.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Vicenta Rigores". telemundo.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "Carolina Miranda será la nueva "Señora Acero, La Coyote"". orlandosentinel.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- González, Moisés. "Señora Acero tendrá una quinta temporada: "Apuntamos hacia una historia nueva, un reto distinto", nos avanza su creador". peopleenespanol.com (in Spanish). People en Español. Retrieved 21 February 2018.
- González, Moisés. "Señora Acero llega a su fin". peopleenespanol.com (in Spanish). People en Español. Retrieved 9 November 2018.
- @SraAcero (11 November 2018). "La saga llega a su final. ¿Cómo terminará la historia de Los Acero? No se pierdan ni un solo capítulo de #SraAcero5 #TemporadaFinal" (Tweet) (in Spanish) – via Twitter.
- "Telemundo Upfront 2017: 13 Telenovelas & Series You Must Watch Next Season". latintimes.com. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- González, Moisés. "Así reacciona Telemundo a la salida de José Luis Reséndez de Señora Acero". peopleenespanol.com (in Spanish). People en Español. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- Baron, Steve. "'Señora Acero' Finale Ranks #1 in Spanish Language TV at 10PM Averaging 2.7 Million Total Viewers". tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Archived from the original on 1 July 2017. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "Telemundo's 'Señora Acero' Second Season Premiere Ranks as #1 Spanish-Language Primetime Program Among Adults 18-49". tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Archived from the original on 8 July 2018. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "Telemundo's SENORA ACERO Season 2 Finale Tops Key Demos". broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 22 October 2017.
- "TELEMUNDO'S SEÑORA ACERO, LA COYOTE" PREMIERES AS #1 PROGRAM ON BROADCAST TELEVISION AT 10PM, REGARDLESS OF LANGUAGE, AMONG ADULTS 18-34". nbcumv.com. Archived from the original on 13 November 2017. Retrieved 13 November 2017.
- González, Moisés. "De un vistazo: próximos estrenos y finales de las ficciones de Univision y Telemundo". peopleenespanol.com. People en Español. Retrieved 9 February 2018.
- González, Moisés. "Señora Acero se despide líder, pero baja respecto a la temporada pasada ¡y más audiencias de telenovela!". peopleenespanol.com (in Spanish). People en Español. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- "TELEMUNDO RANKS AS THE #1 SPANISH-LANGUAGE BROADCAST NETWORK DURING 8-11PM PRIMETIME AMONG KEY DEMOS WITH THE RETURN OF "SEÑORA ACERO"". nbcumv.com. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- Pucci, Douglas. "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Super Bowl's Greatest Commercials' on CBS Up Nine Percent in Total Viewers from Last Year". programminginsider.com. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- "Sandra Echeverría protagonizará la telenovela 'Mujer de acero'" (in Spanish). Revista TVnotas México. March 28, 2014. Retrieved August 23, 2014.
- "Sandra Echeverría será una Mujer de Acero" (in Spanish). Super Latina TV. Retrieved August 23, 2014.
- "VIDEO: Primer promocional de 'Señora Acero', protagonizada por Blanca Soto" (in Spanish). Revista TVnotas México. Retrieved August 23, 2014.
- "Inician las grabaciones de "Señora Acero 3, La Coyote"". telemundo.com. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- "La Venganza De Sarita - Los Tucanes de Tijuana (2da. Temporada "SEÑORA ACERO")". youtube.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 December 2017.
- "La Coyote - (Señora Acero 3) - Los Tucanes De Tijuana [Official Audio]". youtube.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 28 December 2017.
- "La justiciera de la frontera - (Señora Acero 4) - Los Tucanes De Tijuana [Official Audio]". youtube.com (in Spanish). Retrieved March 3, 2018.
- "People En Español Las Estrellas Del Año 2014: Angelique Boyer, Sebastián Rulli, William Levy y Enrique Iglesias Entre Los Ganadores [LISTA COMPLETA]". Spanish Latinos Post (in Spanish). November 14, 2014. Retrieved August 2, 2015.
- Telemundo Network. "Lista completa de los nominados a Premios Tu Mundo 2015". Telemundo (in Spanish). Retrieved July 23, 2015.
- "Conoce a los ganadores de "Premios Tu Mundo 2015" de Telemundo". tvboricuausa.com (in Spanish). Retrieved August 21, 2015.
- "Nominaciones Miami Life Awards". miamilifeawards.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- Oyola, Michelle. "Premios Tu Mundo 2016: Lista de Nominados y Ganadores". ahoramismo.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 5 May 2017.
- "Lista completa de nominados a Premios Tu Mundo 2017". laopinion.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- "Lista de todos los ganadores de Premios Tu Mundo 2017". laopinion.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 25 August 2017.