This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2013)
Screen Machine Industries, Inc. formerly known as Ohio Central Steel Co., was founded in 1966 originally as a steel fabricating and manufacturing business. Screen Machine Industries is a manufacturer of portable rock crushers and screening plants for aggregate base, topsoil, compost and green waste materials located in the United States. Today Screen Machine Industries has its headquarters and manufacturing facility in Etna, Ohio (near Columbus, Ohio).
The company has produced specialized equipment to crush, screen, wash and stockpile aggregate material, topsoil and compost for over 45 years. As of 2012, the company has 6 patented features available only on Screen Machine's equipment line of twenty one different models.
Over the years, Screen Machine Industries has received commendations including the United States Department of Commerce Export Achievement Award in 2006, the Gold Award in 2007 from the Roads & Bridges publication for their "Contractor's Choice Awards", the Governor's Award in 2007 for housing and community development, and the 2009 Ohio eAward for Excellence in Exporting.and the Governors Award in 2007 for housing and community development.
Moving forward, in 2011 Screen Machine Industries partnered with the US Air Force to deliver equipment to an airbase in Kandahar, Afghanistan. That same year Screen Machine Industries hosted Governor Mitt Romney for a campaign rally. Company President & CEO Steve spoke at the 2012 Republican National Convention.
Aggflow recently added Screen Machine Industries products to their software for use by aggregate engineers. Also in 2012 the Association of Equipment Manufacturers awarded Screen Machine with the "I Make America" Gold-Level award followed up by achieving the same award in 2013.
Recent Product ReleasesEdit
- 2006 Screen Machine Awarded Export Achievement Certificate by Ohio Congressman Patrick Tiberi
- 2007 Screen Machine's 4043T Impact Crusher Awarded Gold Status "Contractors Choice Award"
- 2007 Screen Machine Awarded "2007 Governor’s Excellence Award in housing and community development"
- 2009 Screen Machine Awarded the 2009 Governor’s Excellence in Exporting Award by Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland
- 2011 Battling Dust And Heat, SMI Aids In US Military Installations
- 2011 Governor Mitt Romney Visits Screen Machine Industries[dead link]
- 2012 Screen Machine Owner Steve Cohen Speaks at the 2012 Republican National Convention
- 2012 Aggflow Adds Screen Machine Products
- 2012 Screen Machine Industries Achieves IMA Gold-Level Status, Puts Spotlight on Job Creation
- 2013 Screen Machine Industries, Inc. Achieves Gold Status in I Make America Campaign for Second Year
- 2012 CST Cone Crusher Released
- 2011 JHT Jaw Crusher Released
- 2011 Spyder 512T Screen Released
- 2011 6036T Tracked Conveyor Released