Scream Queens (season 2)
On January 15, 2016, Fox renewed the comedy horror television series Scream Queens for a second season. Emma Roberts, Abigail Breslin, Billie Lourd, Lea Michele, Keke Palmer, Niecy Nash, Glen Powell, Oliver Hudson and Jamie Lee Curtis reprised their roles while John Stamos, Taylor Lautner, James Earl and Kirstie Alley were added to the main cast. The second season took place in a hospital and consists of 10 episodes.
|Scream Queens (season 2)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Original release||September 20 –|
December 20, 2016
Season two of Scream Queens aired on Fox. It premiered on September 20, 2016 and concluded on December 20, 2016. On May 15, 2017, Fox announced the cancellation of the series, making this the final season of the show.
After the events at Wallace University, Dean Cathy Munsch becomes a global icon and purchases the C.U.R.E. Institute in order to reform America's health care system and to cure incurable diseases. Hester confesses her crimes, leading to the Chanels' release from prison. However, the Chanels remain hated in the nation. Cathy then casts two doctors — Dr. Cassidy Cascade and Dr. Brock Holt — to fulfill the mission of the hospital, and installs Zayday Williams and the Chanels as medical students. Meanwhile, flashbacks to 1985 show the hospital's dark past, as a new serial killer surfaces: the Green Meanie.
Cast and charactersEdit
- Emma Roberts as Chanel Oberlin
- Kirstie Alley as Nurse Ingrid Hoffel
- Taylor Lautner as Dr. Cassidy Cascade
- Lea Michele as Hester Ulrich / Chanel #6
- Abigail Breslin as Libby Putney / Chanel #5
- Keke Palmer as Zayday Williams
- Billie Lourd as Sadie Swenson / Chanel #3
- James Earl as Chamberlain Jackson
- John Stamos as Dr. Brock Holt
- Jamie Lee Curtis as Dr. Cathy Munsch
Special guest starsEdit
- Glen Powell as Chad Radwell
- Oliver Hudson as Weston "Wes" Gardner
- Trilby Glover as Jane Hollis
- Jerry O'Connell as Dr. Mike
- Laura Bell Bundy as Nurse Thomas
- Andy Erikson as Marguerite Honeywell / Chanel #7
- Riley McKenna Weinstein as Daria Janssen / Chanel #8
- Dahlya Glick as Andrea / Chanel #10
- Jeremy Batiste as Bill Hollis
- Cecily Strong as Catherine Hobart
- Kevin Bigley as Randal
- Brian Baumgartner as Richard
- Cheri Oteri as Sheila Baumgartner
- Alec Mapa as Lynn Johnstone
- Ivar Brogger as Mitch Mitchum
- Mary Birdsong as Penelope Hotchkiss
- Pablo Castelblanco as Tristan St. Pierre / Chanel Pour Homme
- Moira O'Neill as Addison / Chanel #9
- Cathy Marks as Midge / Chanel #11
- Amy Okuda as Anna Plaisance
- Ray Fega as Slade Hornborn
- Bill Oberst Jr. as Clark
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|14||1||"Scream Again"||Brad Falchuk||Ryan Murphy & Brad Falchuk & Ian Brennan||September 20, 2016||2AYD01||2.17|
|In 1985, a pregnant woman interrupts a Halloween party in need of help for her husband and is directed to Dr. Mike, who tells her that he'll help her husband; then, Dr. Mike injects the woman's husband with an anesthetic and dumps the body in a swamp outside the hospital instead while she waits. In 2016, Cathy Munsch purchases a hospital and hires Dr. Brock Holt and Dr. Cassidy Cascade, as well as Zayday Williams, now a first year medical student. Cathy also hires the Chanels who had been released from the asylum and have spent nearly two years living poor and pathetic lives, after Hester confesses about the murders and are working in the medical industry. The hospital's first patient is Catherine Hobart who is diagnosed with werewolf syndrome. Zayday suggests a lobotomy, but Brock and Chanel suggest changing her diet, which causes her to completely lose her hair. Catherine and #5 each take a bath, but accidentally trap themselves in the tubs. A new serial killer, known as the "Green Meanie", appears and decapitates Catherine with a machete before turning toward #5.|
|15||2||"Warts and All"||Bradley Buecker||Brad Falchuk||September 27, 2016||2AYD02||1.70|
|After the local police dismiss Catherine's murder, Zayday and Chamberlain become convinced that Munsch is responsible and begin digging into the past of the hospital, discovering that on Halloween 1986, the Green Meanie slaughtered every single person inside. A man named Tyler, suffering from Neurofibromatosis (a collection of tumours all over his body), comes to the hospital for help. Munsch admits to Zayday and Chamberlain that she opened the hospital to find a cure for her own undiagnosable disease, and is later attacked by the Green Meanie, who escapes. Spooked, Munsch calls in Special Agent Denise Hemphill to solve the case. Denise takes Munsch and the Chanels to the maximum-security institution where Hester is incarcerated, where they learn that Hester knows the details of the Green Meanie and the hospital's past. Tyler prepares to undergo surgery on his tumours but is intercepted by the Green Meanie who kills him.|
|16||3||"Handidates"||Barbara Brown||Ian Brennan||October 11, 2016||2AYD03||1.59|
|Chad tells Dean Munsch about Brock's hand, who allows him to start searching for a replacement hand. Munsch, the Chanels, Zayday and Denise visit an old hospital employee and learn about the woman and baby. They realise that Brock can't be the killer, so they stop the surgery. Chad proposes to Chanel, as Denise and Zayday transfer Hester to the hospital to find out who the killer is. Cascade reveals to Chanel #3 that he "died" years ago and was somehow "brought back to life". The Green Meanie kills the two new patients and attacks Chamberlain, but leaves Zayday. At the altar, Chanel waits for Chad, who falls through the roof and is shown to be murdered.|
|17||4||"Halloween Blues"||Loni Peristere||Brad Falchuk||October 18, 2016||2AYD04||1.43|
|After the loss of Chad, Denise and Dean Munsch decide to seek the advice of Hester, who suggests that the C.U.R.E. Institute throw a Halloween party to lure the Green Meanie. Hester asks to attend the party but Munsch and Denise refuse. After Denise is attacked, she agrees to let Hester out for a 24 hour period in exchange for the identity of the Green Meanie. However, Hester disguises herself in an Ivanka Trump costume and escapes. As the faculty plans their trap on the Green Meanie, a dozen new patients arrive after being poisoned while bobbing for apples. Zayday realizes that the poisoning was a distraction while Denise discovers an injured #5, who was stabbed by the Green Meanie earlier, as Hester helped. Before she can help her, the Green Meanie returns and seemingly electrocutes Denise to death before leaving #5 to die.|
|18||5||"Chanel Pour Homme‑icide"||Barbara Brown||Ian Brennan||November 15, 2016||2AYD05||1.42|
|Discovering Denise out cold and #5 injured, Dean Munsch and Zayday dispose of Denise's body in the freezer before finding the patients and some staff murdered. Chanel and #3 recruit five new Chanels, including a gay male named Tristan to use as bait for the Green Meanie, as well as Hester who returns to her previous role as #6 by giving them information about the killer. Cathy fires Nurse Hoffel, who blackmails her into getting her job back. Cassidy, Brock and #3 help a patient whose accents change however they are diagnosed with her syndrome but manage to help her. Zayday and #5 meet Jane, the pregnant woman in 1985, but are unsuccessful and unable to find information. Using Hester's idea, the Chanels send out #8 as bait however Tristan is consequently murdered whilst searching for a necklace. However, the new recruits encounter the Green Meanie who stabs and kills #11. It is revealed that Jane's son is actually Cassidy.|
|19||6||"Blood Drive"||Mary Wigmore||Brad Falchuk||November 22, 2016||2AYD06||1.15|
|20||7||"The Hand"||Barbara Brown||Ian Brennan||November 29, 2016||2AYD07||1.33|
|In an effort to secure positive press for the hospital, Dean Munsch pitches a risky surgery to Dr. Holt, whose hand begins expressing more of a wild and dangerous personality than ever before. Chanel #3 forces Cassidy to undergo a psych test to find the root of his condition with surprising results, and Nurse Hoffel sets a devious plan in motion. Meanwhile, Chanel #10 and Slade Hornborn, a reporter covering Dr. Holt's surgery, are murdered by the Green Meanie.|
|21||8||"Rapunzel, Rapunzel"||Jamie Lee Curtis||Brad Falchuk||December 6, 2016||2AYD08||1.18|
|22||9||"Lovin the D"||Maggie Kiley||Ian Brennan||December 13, 2016||2AYD09||1.13|
|The Chanels, who are working the graveyard shift at the hospital, are attacked by a trio of Green Meanies who chase them through the hallways of the hospital but they manage to escape. The killers reveal themselves to be Wes, Ingrid and Cassidy before being called by Hester, who holds a summit. There, they all confess to their murders: Cassidy killed Catherine, Tyler, Randal, Tristan/Chanel Pour Homme, the patients during the Halloween party, and #11 and #9 alongside Hoffel; she also murdered #10 and the corresponder reporting the surgery of Anna. Wes then admits to murdering Sheila, Chamberlain, stabbing #5, electrocuting Denise and killing Chad Radwell. They debate who gets to kill the remaining Chanels--Chanel in particular--and Hoffel is given the honor since Wes' motivation is deemed too pale in comparison to her reasons. Meanwhile, Scarlet Lovin, a famous television personality orders a live surgery featuring Brock and the Chanels, who are overwhelmed when they have to pass the MCAT before the surgery can begin. After drinking coffee meant for Chanel that had been poisoned by Wes, Scarlet dies, and despite her death, it is decided that the procedure will continue. Chanel #7 is killed after being strangled by the Green Meanie, and the procedure is a success. Wes is confronted by Cassidy and Hoffel for trying to kill Chanel by himself. The duo are planning to kill him to give the hospital a false sense of security that the Green Meanie is caught, and under duress, he kills himself by falling into hot oil. His body is discovered by Cathy, who faints and reveals her disease to the group.|
|23||10||"Drain the Swamp"||Ian Brennan||Brad Falchuk & Ian Brennan||December 20, 2016||2AYD10||1.37|
|Whilst walking about the hospital, Chanel is attacked by the Green Meanie, but is saved by Chanel #8. Cassidy tries to kill Chanel #3, but cannot bring himself to do so, exclaiming that he didn't want to kill anymore and decides to confront his mother. Cassidy then tells Hoffel that he's out, only to be threatened by her as a response. Hester and Brock devise a plan to steal Munsch's money and buy Blood Island. Meanwhile, Hoffel takes some barrels outside, when she finds Chanel #8, who then tells her the humus in the swamp water is highly flammable, which gives Hoffel the idea to make a fertilizer bomb. As a part of Hester and Brocks plan, Brock proposes to Munsch, which upsets Chanel but Brock tells her that once Munsch is dead he will propose to Chanel. Chanel #3 and Cassidy talk to Jane, who then exclaims that Cassidy is dead to her. Meanwhile, Chanel #5 tells Munch that she might not have Kuru but the only way to find out is to have an open-brain surgery, to which Brock agrees. Hoffel starts draining the swamp of its flammable humus but unplugs the cryo chamber holding Denise (to which she didn't know). Meanwhile, Jane is feeding Zayday and expresses her sadness to her. Zayday convinces her that she is not a bad mother and killing people is not the answer. The surgery is complete and Chanel #5 reveals to Munsch that they found no evidence of Kuru in her, but she is just extremely dehydrated due to the fact that the only liquids she has consumed for a year are vodka and neat scotch. Hoffel then leads #8, Brock, Cassidy, Munsch, #3, #5, and Chanel into a trap in the basement then revealing that Chanel killed her sister to everyone. Jane and Zayday come to reason with Hoffel, who is unfazed and fatally shoots Jane. Hoffel then leaves everyone to die from the bomb. Denise revives and defuses the bomb. Everyone chases Hoffel, who kills Cassidy in the process. Hoffel falls into some quicksand and begins sinking to her death, and everyone lets her die. In the epilogue, Chanel narrates and reveals what happened to everybody after the murders. Brock and Hester steal Munsch's money, buy Blood Island, and kill every tourist there. Munsch sells the hospital and starts a sex class for women over 50. Chanel #5 and Zayday still work at the C.U.R.E. Institute and are considered the hospital's top team. Meanwhile, #3 is a manager/executive producer for Chanel's new doctor show, "Lovin' The C". At the end, Chanel is shown leaving the building and entering her car. She sees a mysteriously appearing KKT ring, from her college years, and then looks in the mirror to see the Red Devil behind her.|
In July 2016, Colton Haynes and Cecily Strong were announced to guest star in the season. That same month, Jerry O'Connell and Laura Bell Bundy were announced to have recurring roles. In August 2016, it was announced Cheri Oteri would also guest star. In September 2016, Kirstie Alley was cast in the series. In November 2016, Brooke Shields was announced to guest star in the series.
The second season of Scream Queens has received positive reviews, with critics labelling it a big improvement over the previous season. The review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reported an 83% approval rating with an average rating of 7.12/10 based on 6 reviews.
|1||"Scream Again"||September 20, 2016||1.0/3||2.17||0.7||1.47||1.7||3.64|
|2||"Warts and All"||September 27, 2016||0.7/3||1.70||0.7||1.20||1.4||2.90|
|3||"Handidates"||October 11, 2016||0.7/2||1.59||N/A||0.99||N/A||2.58|
|4||"Halloween Blues"||October 18, 2016||0.6/2||1.43||0.5||0.96||1.1||2.39|
|5||"Chanel Pour Homme-icide"||November 15, 2016||0.6/2||1.42||0.4||N/A||1.0||N/A|
|6||"Blood Drive"||November 22, 2016||0.5/2||1.15||0.3||0.57||0.8||1.72|
|7||"The Hand"||November 29, 2016||0.5/2||1.33||0.3||0.66||0.8||1.93|
|8||"Rapunzel, Rapunzel"||December 6, 2016||0.5/2||1.18||0.3||N/A||0.8||N/A|
|9||"Lovin the D"||December 13, 2016||0.5/2||1.13||0.3||0.61||0.8||1.74|
|10||"Drain the Swamp"||December 20, 2016||0.5/2||1.37||0.4||0.75||0.9||2.12|
- Fox press release (January 15, 2016). ""Scream Queens" Renewed For a Second Season". The Futon Critic. Retrieved January 16, 2016.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth. "'Scream Queens' Renewed at Fox, Season 2 Will Be Set in Hospital". Variety. Retrieved May 27, 2016.
- "Scream Queens on Twitter". Twitter.
- Porter, Rick (September 21, 2016). "Tuesday final ratings: 'NCIS,' 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' adjust up, 'This Is Us' & 'Bull' steady". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 21, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (September 28, 2016). "Tuesday final ratings: 'The Voice' adjusts up, 'Scream Queens' adjusts down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 28, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (October 12, 2016). "'American Housewife' and 'The Voice' adjust up, 'Chicago Fire,' 'SHIELD' and 'Real O'Neals' down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 12, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (October 19, 2016). "'American Housewife' and 'The Voice' adjust up, 'Chicago Fire,' 'SHIELD' and 'Real O'Neals' down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (November 16, 2016). "'New Girl' adjusts up, all others hold: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 16, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (November 23, 2016). "'American Housewife' adjusts up, everything else holds: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 23, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (December 1, 2016). "'Fresh Off the Boat' & 'American Housewife' adjust up, 'No Tomorrow' adjusts down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (December 7, 2016). "'NCIS' adjusts up, 'Agents of SHIELD' adjusts down: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (December 14, 2016). "'NCIS' adjusts down, 'Voice' finale holds: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 14, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (December 21, 2016). "'The Year,' 'Terry Crews Saves Christmas' and others unchanged: Tuesday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 21, 2016.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (June 16, 2016). "John Stamos Joins Season 2 of Fox's 'Scream Queens'". Variety. Retrieved November 15, 2016.
- Ausiello, Michael (June 16, 2016). "John Stamos Joins Scream Queens Season 2 as Series Regular". TVLine.com. Retrieved November 15, 2016.
- Ge, Linda (June 23, 2016). "'Scream Queens' Adds 'Twilight' Star Taylor Lautner to Season 2 Cast". The Wrap. Retrieved November 15, 2016.
- Ausiello, Michael (June 23, 2016). "Taylor Lautner Joins Scream Queens Season 2 as Series Regular". TVLine.com. Retrieved November 15, 2016.
- Hearon, Sarah (June 24, 2016). "TVLine Items: Glee Grad to Scream Queens, Bravo Awards Show and More". TVLine.com. Retrieved November 15, 2016.
- Stack, Tim (July 22, 2016). "Scream Queens exclusive: Colton Haynes checking into season 2". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved July 22, 2016.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (July 22, 2016). "'SNL's Cecily Strong To Guest Star On 'Scream Queens' Season 2 – Comic-Con". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved November 15, 2016.
- Gelman, Vlada (2016-07-28). "'Scream Queens' Casts Jerry O'Connell, Laura Bell Bundy in Season 2". TVLine.com. Retrieved 2016-08-19.
- Gleman, Vlada (August 23, 2016). "TVLine Items: Scream Queens Taps SNL Vet, Ray Romano Gets Shorty and More". TVLine.com. Retrieved November 15, 2016.
- Swift, Andy (September 12, 2016). "Kirstie Alley Joins Scream Queens as Series Regular in Season 2". TVLine.com. Retrieved November 15, 2016.
- Stack, Tim (November 15, 2016). "Scream Queens exclusive: Brooke Shields to appear in pivotal role". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved November 15, 2016.
- "Scream Queens: Season 2 (2016)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved October 15, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (October 4, 2016). "'Designated Survivor' is your premiere week DVR champion: Broadcast Live +7 ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 4, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (October 11, 2016). "'Designated Survivor' posts more big DVR gains: Broadcast Live +7 ratings for Sept. 26-Oct. 2". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 11, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (November 4, 2016). "'This Is Us' and 'Agents of SHIELD' score in broadcast Live +7 ratings for Oct. 17-23". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 4, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (December 1, 2016). "'This Is Us,' 'Big Bang,' 'Designated Survivor' are the Big Three in week 9 broadcast Live +7 ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (December 7, 2016). "'New Girl' and 'Quantico' double in week 10 broadcast Live +7 ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (December 21, 2016). "6 shows double in week 11 broadcast Live +7 ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 21, 2016.
- Bunch, Rebecca (December 7, 2016). "TV Ratings 12/6/16: Chicago Fire #100 Steady, This Is Us Ties Series High (UPDATED)". The TV Ratings Guide. Retrieved December 7, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (December 22, 2016). "'This Is Us' reaches season highs week 12 broadcast Live +7 ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 22, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (January 3, 2017). "'Designated Survivor' posts another double-double in week 13 broadcast Live +7 ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 3, 2017.