Scott Duncan (referee)
Scott Duncan is an English association football referee who officiates in the Football League. He first refereed in the Football Conference in 2008, and became an assistant referee in the Football League two years later. Duncan began refereeing in the Football League in 2012 when he was promoted to the National List.
Duncan refereeing in 2014
|Born||Newcastle upon Tyne, England|
|2010–2012||The Football League||Assistant referee|
|2012–||The Football League||Referee|
Duncan was born in Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, and is a member of the Northumberland Football Association (NFA). He first officiated at Football Conference level when he refereed a 1–1 draw between York City and Barrow at Bootham Crescent in the Conference Premier on 25 August 2008. Duncan first acted as an assistant referee in the Football League on 7 August 2010 for Derby County's 2–1 win over Leeds United at Elland Road in a Championship match. He combined refereeing Football Conference matches and assisting Football League matches in the 2010–11 and 2011–12 seasons, before being promoted to the National List for 2012–13.
Duncan's first match as a Football League referee was in League Two on 18 August 2012, when Port Vale beat Barnet 3–0 at Vale Park. He first refereed a Championship match when Watford beat Huddersfield Town 4–0 at Vicarage Road on 19 January 2013. He refereed the second leg of the League Two play-off semi-final between Fleetwood Town and York City at Highbury Stadium on 16 May 2014, which the home team drew 0–0 to progress to the final 1–0 on aggregate. In November 2014, Duncan resigned as the NFA's referee coach. Earlier, Michael Oliver had resigned as NFA vice president.
- Hardy, Tom (6 December 2012). "Duncan named man in the middle". Scunthorpe United F.C. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "List of Football League match officials". The Football League. 2 July 2015. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "Games refereed by Scott Duncan in 2008/2009". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "S. Duncan". Soccerway. Perform Group. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "Meet The Ref – Bolton v Latics – Scott Duncan". Vital Wigan. 6 November 2014. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- Flett, Dave (17 May 2014). "York City miss out on Wembley as brave promotion bid ends with 0–0 draw at Fleetwood". The Press. York. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "'Kitchen insult': Premier League referee quits County FA role". BBC Sport. 21 November 2014. Retrieved 23 October 2015.