Scorn (video game)
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Publisher(s)||Humble Bundle |
Adis Kutkut |
Wikluh Sky 
|Engine||Unreal Engine 4 |
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows |
Scorn - Part 1 of 2: Dasein|
Scorn - Part 2 of 2
The player controls a strange skinless humanoid, lost in a nightmarish world filled with odd creatures and macabre tapestry, resembling a living techno-organic structure composed of steel, flesh and bone. The player will explore different interconnected regions in a non-linear fashion, searching for answers that will explain more about the game's world.
The game, thus far, has 2 main weapons presented to us: a pistol and a shotgun. The player starts out with the pistol, a 6-shot weapon dealing mild damage to the in-game enemies. It appears to be completely organic, beginning with the mouth-looking base for the weapon which can be opened to let the pistol itself to be removed and exchanged for the shotgun. The shotgun is a 3-shot weapon that deals considerable damage to enemies close-up, but the damage drops off after a few feet away. The shotgun is just like the pistol in composition, appearing to be made from organic matter.
The developers have claimed to design the game around the idea of "being thrown into the world", and as such, very little context is given about the game's setting. The developers have explained that they want to make the unsettling environment to be a character in itself.
The game was first announced on the 12th of November 2014, with a trailer showing pre-alpha footage, followed by an unsuccessful campaign on Kickstarter in December 2014, but despite this the game remained in development with a planned two-part release. In January 2015, Scorn received private funding from an investor and began into full production in February 2015. The game is planned to be released in two parts, the first is called Dasein (German pronunciation: [ˈdaːzaɪn]), a German word that means "existence" in vernacular German (German: da "there"; sein "being"), and "presence" in Martin Heidegger's philosophy. The game will be available on Steam and Humble Bundle.
- "Scorn is a part of Humble Bundle's debut publishing lineup!". scorn-game.com. Retrieved October 25, 2017.
- "Exclusive interview with lead Developer of SCORN (Scorn music composer)". opiumpulses.com. Retrieved October 25, 2017.
- "Scorn trailers music composer". twitter.com. Retrieved October 27, 2017.
- "Scorn – First-person Horror Adventure Game Powered By Unreal Engine 4 – Gets Kickstarter Campaign". dsogaming.com. Retrieved October 25, 2017.
- "Scorn Part 1 of 2 : Dasein platform". kickstarter.com. Retrieved October 27, 2017.
- "Scorn Part 1 of 2 : Dasein estimated release date". kickstarter.com. Retrieved October 27, 2017.
- "Scorn is a disturbing horror shooter in two parts". PCGamer.