Scenic Eclipse is a passenger ship operated by the Scenic Group. As of August 2020, she is the first ocean going vessel and flagship for the Scenic Group. The Vessel was built at the Uljanik shipyard in Pula, Croatia.
Scenic Eclipse at Hook of Holland in August 2019.
|Owner:||Scenic Tours (Australia)|
|Port of registry:|
|Launched:||January 31, 2018|
|Christened:||September 10, 2019|
|Maiden voyage:||August 23, 2019|
|Class and type:||Ice-strengthened expedition passenger ship|
|Length:||545 ft (166.1 m)|
|Beam:||70.5 ft (21.5 m)|
|Decks:||10 (11 is the top)|
|Installed power:||Four diesel-electric generators (Anglo Belgian Corporation 16DV36C)|
|Propulsion:||Two ABB Azipods (2 × 3 MW)|
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Scenic Eclipse has been in a 'warm lay-up status' in the Port of Rijeka since May 2020 awaiting a return to service.
Scenic Group founder and Chairman Glen Moroney decided to build the Scenic Eclipse, after being inspired by Paul Allen's Octopus yacht. The construction of the Scenic Eclipse began in 2017 but was delayed numerous times due to the bankruptcy of the building yard. The vessel finally entered service in August 2019. Scenic Eclipse has a Gross Tonnage of 17,545.
Scenic Eclipse departed her building yard for the first time on July 27, 2019 for Valletta, Malta, where the vessel was registered, She then sailed to Reykjavik, Iceland where she embarked her first guests on August 15, 2019 with the maiden voyage ending in Quebec on August 27, 2019. Scenic Eclipse was formally named by the actress Helen Mirren in New York City on September 10, 2019.
Scenic Eclipse carries up to 228 passengers, although this is limited to 200 in the Polar Regions where an extensive team of expedition staff are embarked to provide lectures, guiding and to operate the vessels Zodiac Nautic boats. The vessel comprises all suite accommodation with every cabin featuring a balcony.
Scenic Eclipse is equipped with two Eurocopter EC130 Helicopters  and also carries a seven person manned submersible called 'Scenic Neptune' built by U-Boat Worx which is capable of diving in depths of up to 300 meters.
The vessel is designed and built according to Polar Code Rules and carries a Polar Class 6 notation for operation in Polar Regions  While the vessel spends a significant part of the year in the Polar Regions, it also operates regular voyages in the Americas, Europe, Caribbean and South America
- "Scenic Cruises unveils ultra-luxury Scenic Eclipse ship". www.usatoday.com.
- Hood, Bryan (September 11, 2019). "Inside the 'Scenic Eclipse,' the World's Most Luxurious Expedition Megayacht".
- "Inside Scenic Eclipse". seatrade-cruise.com. October 4, 2019.
- "scenic responds to uljanik bankruptcy". May 24, 2019.
- Knego, Peter. "Cruise ship tours: Take a look inside the Scenic Eclipse, featuring a submarine and helicopters". USA TODAY.
- "It's official: Scenic Eclipse has been delivered". seatrade-cruise.com. August 2, 2019.
- "Helen Mirren Appointed Godmother of Scenic Eclipse". Travel Agent Central.
- "scenic-eclipses-helicopters-can-folded". Daily Mirror.
- "Scenic Neptune cruise ship: Ultra-luxury yacht now has its own submarine". Traveller.
- "NEW SCENIC ECLIPSE". https://quirkycruise.com/. December 31, 2019. External link in