|Scarlet Pearl Casino Resort|
|Address||9380 Central Avenue, D'Iberville, MS 39540|
|Opening date||December 9, 2015|
|No. of rooms||300|
|Total gaming space||68,000 sq ft (6,300 m2)|
The resort has 300 hotel rooms, 68,000 square feet (6,300 m2) of gaming space, including a newly built high limit area (opened late 2020) and amenities including a 36-hole miniature golf course, a buffet, and three other restaurants. The property also features a swimming pool and fitness center.
The project, originally named the Can Can Casino Resort and Spa, gained site approval from the Mississippi Gaming Commission in February 2010, but development stalled because of the Great Recession. Revised plans for the casino, by now known as the Scarlet Pearl, were approved by the commission in December 2013. Groundbreaking was held in July 2014. The property opened on December 9, 2015, at a cost of $290 million.
On October 1, 2019, the Scarlet Pearl's sportsbook took one of the largest bets in sports-betting history when they accepted Jim "Mattress Mack" Mcingvale's $3.5 million wager on the Houston Astros to win the 2019 World Series. In total, Mcingvale wagered $6.2 million at the Scarlet Pearl over the course of October, 2019 with all wagers on the Houston Astros to win the World Series.
- "Scarlet Pearl Casino Resort Wins Five 1st Place Covey Awards, Including Loosest Casino Slots for the Third Year in a Row". Benzinga. March 16, 2020.
- Mary Perez (December 9, 2015). "D'Iberville's first casino a pearl for the city". The Sun Herald. Biloxi, MS. Retrieved 2015-12-09.
- Mary Perez (February 25, 2010). "Can Can Casino gets site approval". Sun Herald. Biloxi, MS – via NewsBank.
- Lynn Lofton (February 27, 2011). "Mississippi's casino projects few and far between". Mississippi Business Journal – via NewsBank.
- Paul Hampton (December 4, 2013). "Amenities, financing helped sell Gaming Commission on D'Iberville's first casino". Sun Herald. Biloxi, MS – via NewsBank.
- Mary Perez (July 15, 2014). "D'Iberville getting its Scarlet Pearl". Sun Herald. Biloxi, MS – via NewsBank.
- "Salesman places $3.5M bet on Astros to win WS". ESPN.com. 2019-10-01. Retrieved 2021-12-03.
- "World Series: 'Mattress Mack' lost more than $13 million and this Mississippi casino was the big winner". CBSSports.com. Retrieved 2021-12-04.