Sawaare Sabke Sapne... Preeto
Sawaare Sabke Sapne Preeto (SSSP) is an Indian television series that premiered on Imagine TV on 4 July 2011 and ended on 12 April 2012. The story is located against a Punjabi backdrop and is based on the lives of five sisters. Set in the picturesque north Indian town of Amritsar, which is also an Indian Air Force base, this is the story of the quirky, lovable Dhillon family. They live in a run-down mansion, having moved to India from Pakistan after the Partition, a generation ago. In many ways the Dhillon family is a typical lower-middle-class Indian family.
|Sawaare Sabke Sapne ... Preeto|
|Created by||Creative Eye|
|Developed by||Anjum Abbas|
|Written by||Anjum Abbas, Fiazal Akhtar & Dheeraj Sarna|
|Directed by||Naresh Malhotra|
|Creative director(s)||Sharad Raj|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of episodes||205|
|Production location(s)||Amritsar |
|Running time||20 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Creative Eye Limited|
|Original network||Imagine TV|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original release||4 July 2011 –|
12 April 2012
At the head of the family is retired school master Gangandeep Dhillon, who lives with his wife Kanwal and five daughters.
Sawaare Sapke Sapne Preeto is the story of Preeto, third among the five Dhillon sisters. The eldest sister is Jasmeet (Meeta) who is lovable and plump, second is Ishmeet (Ishu) who is quiet and respectful and is considered the prettiest, third is Manpreet (Preeto) who is respectful but always speaks her mind, fourth is Gurbaani (Bani) who is in college and like partying, and the youngest is Sonu who is in school and is everybody's favorite. Their father's income is not enough to maintain the entire family. Preeto's mother often regrets that she does not have a son who could have supported them all. Hence Preeto decides to contribute to the family income by designing and stitching clothes for clients. Her dream is to get her older sisters married and the younger ones educated.
Meeta is engaged to Bobby but he tries to take advantage of Ishu and the wedding is called off. At her friends' wedding, Preeto meets Rajbeer, an air force officer and they develop feelings for each other. Dhruv, another air force officer, falls in love with Ishu. Dhruv and Ishu's wedding is fixed and Preeto and Rajbeer confess their love to each other. But Preeto's father meets with an accident and loses his job. Preeto decides to break up with Rajbeer to focus on arranging money for Ishu's wedding.
However, Dhruv's parents are unhappy with the wedding. At a family outing in Manali, Rajbeer saves Dhruv's sister Simran and she falls in love with him. In Amritsar, Bani falls in love with a man named Ranjeet but he only wants to destroy Rajbeer. He sells Bani off to some goons but Preeto and Rajbeer are able to save her and expose Ranjeet's true intentions. Meanwhile, Preeto's Biji finds out about Preeto and Rajbeer and encourages Preeto to fight for her love.
Dhruv and Simran's mother, Neelam, blackmails Preeto that if she confesses her love to Rajbeer, Neelam would make sure Dhruv divorces Ishu. Conflicted, Preeto decides to fake marriage with Sunny, a cousin of Pankaj's (Meeta's husband) who loves Preeto but knows about her feelings for Rajbeer. But one day Rajbeer overhears Preeto talking to herself and realizes that her marriage is fake and she still loves him.
- Ankita Sharma as Manpreet Dhillon (Preeto), Kavaljit and Gagandeep's third daughter
- Aditya Redij as Rajbeer Singh, Preeto's lover
- Pavitra Punia as Simran Ahluwalia (Simi), Dhruv's sister
- Shresth Kumar as Sunny, Preeto's ex-fiancé, Pankaj's cousin
- Iira Soni as Ishmeet Dhillon (Ishu), Kavaljit and Gagandeep's second daughter, Dhruv's wife
- Kanan Malhotra as Dhruv Ahluwalia, Ishu's husband
- Divya Bhatnagar as Jasmeet Dhillon (Meeta), Kavaljit and Gagandeep's eldest daughter, Pankaj's wife
- Sailesh Gulabani as Pankaj Ambrela, Meeta's husband
- Devoleena Bhattacharjee as Gurbaani Dhillon (Bani), Kavaljit and Gagandeep's fourth daughter
- Mahima Makwana as Sonu Dhillon, Kavaljit and Gagandeep's youngest daughter
- Ujjwal Rana as Bobby Singh, Meeta's ex-fiancé
- Sushil Parashar as Gagandeep Dhillon, patriarch of the Dhillon family and father to the Dhillon sisters
- Nitika Anand as Kavaljit Gagandeep Dhillon, mother to the Dhillon sisters
- Vijay Aidasani as Mr. Ahluwalia, Dhruv and Simi's father
- Aradhana Uppal as Neelam Alhuwalia, Dhruv and Simi's mother