Savaale Samaali (lit. 'Face the challenge') is a 2015 Indian Tamil language comedy-drama film written and directed by Sathyasiva. The film features Ashok Selvan and Bindu Madhavi in the lead roles while Nassar, Jagan, and Karunas play supporting roles. Produced by actor C. Arunpandian, the film features music composed by S. Thaman. The film began production in June 2014 under the working title Kekae Bokae and released on 4 September 2015.
|Produced by||C. Arunpandian |
S. N. Rajarajan
|Music by||S. Thaman|
Karthik gets a job at a TV channel called Top TV, but no one watches it. He is also attracted towards his sister Pooja's friend Divya and tries to impress her with the help of his work colleague Billa, but she does not reciprocate his love. Meanwhile, the debt-ridden channel’s boss Karunakaran tries to commits suicide and requests Karthik and Billa to find a way to get the channel to the top position and increase their overall TRP. The duo hits upon the idea of uniting lovers facing parental opposition through a reality show, but they fake the whole thing with Koothu actors. Meanwhile, Divya asks Karthik to help unite a real couple whose fathers are powerful politicians, and how they succeed in uniting the couple forms the remainder of the plot.
- Ashok Selvan as Karthik
- Bindu Madhavi as Divya
- Jagan as Billa
- Karunas as Karunakaran
- Nassar as Samuthirakani
- Swathy as Pooja
- M. S. Bhaskar as Elangovan
- Urvashi as herself
- Manobala as himself
- Nirosha as Anjali
- Vasu Vikram as Karthik's father
- Paravai Muniyamma as Karthik's grandmother
- Shamily Sukumar as Billa's proposed bride
- Preethi Das as Top TV Receptionist
- Bharathi Kannan as Koothu Actor
- Cool Suresh as Koothu Actor
- Subageetha as Koothu Actress
- Niranjani Ashok as Shreya
- Azhagu as Azhagu
- Scissor Manohar
- Nellai Siva
- Ananth K. Jayachandran
- C. Arunpandian in a cameo appearance
- Aishwarya in a special appearance in the song "Nallavana Kettavana"
The collaboration was announced in May 2014, when Arun Pandian chose to finance a venture to be directed by Sathyasiva featuring Ashok Selvan and Bindu Madhavi. Production on the film began in June 2014, with Ashok Selvan announcing that he rejected over 40 scripts post the success of Thegidi (2014), before selecting Sathyasiva's film.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|S. Thaman chronology|
|2.||"Savaale Samaali"||Palakkad Sreeram||4:23|
|3.||"Penne Penne"||S. P. B. Charan||4:36|
|4.||"Nallavana Kettavana"||Anthony Daasan, L. R. Easwari||5:24|
|5.||"Yaaro Yaaro"||M. M. Manasi||4:33|
- "Bindu Madhavi's Next is Savaale Samaali". 23 September 2014.
- "Bindu Madhavi to pair with Ashok Selvan first - Times of India". The Times of India.
- balachandran, logesh (27 May 2014). "'Thegidi' hero Ashok Selvan pairs up with Bindu Madhavi in his next". Deccan Chronicle.
- Rao, Subha J. (22 September 2014). "What's in a name? Quite a lot!" – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Ashok Selvan's next locked after Thegidi". www.behindwoods.com.
- "From thriller to laughter". 5 July 2014 – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Savaale samaali songs". tamilsonglyrics. 31 March 2015. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 4 April 2015.