Saul Singer is formerly the editorial page editor at The Jerusalem Post, Singer co-wrote with Dan Senor Start-up Nation: The Story of Israel's Economic Miracle, a best-seller which investigates Israel's innovative prowess.
|Occupation||Journalist and author|
|Known for||Co-author of Start-up Nation: The Story of Israel's Economic Miracle, former editorial page editor at The Jerusalem Post|
Singer is a columnist and former editorial page editor at The Jerusalem Post. He has also been published in The Wall Street Journal, Commentary, Moment, The New Leader and The Washington Post blog "PostGlobal".
In 2003, Singer authored another book: Confronting Jihad: Israel's Struggle and the World After 9/11. The book collects many of his columns and unsigned editorials written for The Jerusalem Post between 1997 and the summer of 2003. Reviewing Confronting Jihad in National Review, contributing editor Mackubin Thomas Owens writes, "9/11 and terrorist attacks against Israel form a seamless garment, both being motivated by the same hatred. No one has done a better job of demonstrating this point than Saul Singer... Americans who wish to understand the reality of Israel's war against terrorism and its connection to our own struggle should read this fine collection of essays."
In 1987, Singer's brother Alexander, an IDF Lieutenant, was killed at the age of 25 during an Israeli military operation in Lebanon. He died trying to rescue his downed company commander. Alex Singer's journal became a book. Saul dedicated Start-up Nation to the memory of his fallen brother.
- Start-up Nation: The Story of Israel's Economic Miracle (2009)
- Confronting Jihad: Israel's Struggle & The World After 9/11 (2003)
- "Saul Singer interview on Startup Camel Podcast". Startup Camel. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- "About us". Start-up Nation official website. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "Hardcover Business Best Sellers". The New York Times. 1 January 2010. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- Mackubin Thomas Owens (8 March 2004). "The Curse of Jihad: Saul Singer's common sense antidote". National Review. Archived from the original on 6 April 2012. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- Dan Senor and Saul Singer (2009). Start-up Nation: The Story of Israel's Economic Miracle. Council on Foreign Relations/Council on Foreign Relations/Twelve. p. 240.
- Alex: Building A Life
- Start-up Nation. p. 241.