Satyajit Das (born 1957) is an Australian former banker and corporate treasurer, turned consultant, and author.
|Born||1957 (age 61–62)|
|Alma mater||University of New South Wales|
Australian Graduate School of Management
|Known for||financial commentary|
Satyajit Das was born in Calcutta, India in 1957.
His family emigrated to Australia when he was 12.
Das is the author of Traders, Guns & Money and Extreme Money and reference books on derivatives and risk-management. He lives in Sydney, Australia.
Extreme Money was long-listed for the Financial Times/Goldman Sachs Business Book of the Year Award. The Economist reviewed the book, stating that "Satyajit Das is well-placed to comment, having worked both for investment banks and as a consultant advising clients on their use of complex financial products", however, "the book could have easily been 150 pages shorter without losing its thrust."
A Banquet of Consequences was released in Australia in 2015. It was released in the United States in 2016 as The Age of Stagnation to avoid it being confused as a cookbook.
Das is a regular commentator on LNL (Late Night Live) on RN (ABC radio's Radio National), hosted by Phillip Adams.
- Satyajit Das (2005). Derivative Products and Pricing: The Das Swaps and Financial Derivatives Library (Third ed.). Wiley. ISBN 9780470821640.
- Satyajit Das; Jade Novakovic (2006). In Search of the Pangolin - Eco-travel Tales. New Holland Publishers Ltd. ISBN 9781845372590.
- Satyajit Das (2006). Traders, Guns & Money: Knowns and Unknowns in the Dazzling World of Derivatives. FT Press. ISBN 9780273731962.
- Satyajit Das (2011). Extreme Money: Masters of the Universe and the Cult of Risk. Ft Press. ISBN 9780132790079.
- Satyajit Das (2015). A Banquet of Consequences: Have We Consumed Our Own Future?. Penguin Books Australia. ISBN 9780670079056.
- Satyajit Das (2016). The Age of Stagnation: Why Perpetual Growth is Unattainable and the Global Economy is in Peril. Prometheus Books. ISBN 9781633881587.
- "Panellist: Satyajit Das". ABC. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- Schmidt, Lucinda (31 August 2011). "Profile: Satyajit Das". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- Satyajit Das. "Satyajit Das". The Independent. Retrieved 2016-03-11.
- "More luck than judgment". The Economist. 15 October 2011. Retrieved 10 May 2015.