Sattenapalle is a town in Guntur district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is a municipality and the headquarters of Sattenapalle mandal under Guntur revenue division. It is also one of the main region in the district to be a part of Andhra Pradesh Capital Region.
|• Total||22.81 km2 (8.81 sq mi)|
|Elevation||71 m (233 ft)|
|• Density||2,500/km2 (6,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
As of 2011[update] Census of India, Sattenapalle had a population of 56,721. The total population constitute, 28,350 males and 28,371 females —a sex ratio of 1001 females per 1000 males. 5,827 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 3,046 are boys and 2,781 are girls —a ratio of 913 per 1000. The average literacy rate stands at 73.58% with 37,449 literates, significantly higher than the state average of 67.41%.
On 1 April 1984, the municipality was formed as 3rd grade which is now a second grade municipality. The municipality constitutes 30 election and 11 revenue wards. The civic services and infrastructure of the municipality include, supply of 135 litres of per capita water supply, 49 public taps, 415 bore–wells etc. Maintaining 148 km of roads, 136 km of drains etc.
Sattenapalle is a part of Guntur–Sattenapalle growth corridor.
The town has a total road length of 110.60 km (68.72 mi). APSRTC operates buses from Sattenapalle bus station to most of the cities and towns in the district like Guntur, Macharla,Amaravathi,Narasaraopet,Piduguralla etc.. SH 2 passes through the town. Sattenapalle railway station is located on Nallapadu–Pagidipalli section of Guntur railway division.
- "About Sattenapalli Municipality". Official website of Sattenapalle municipality. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "Statistical Abstract of Andhra Pradesh, 2015" (PDF). Directorate of Economics & Statistics. Government of Andhra Pradesh. p. 43. Retrieved 26 April 2019.
- "District Census Handbook - Guntur" (PDF). Census of India. p. 14,408. Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- General, India. Office of the Registrar (1964), Census of India, 1961, Manager of Publications, p. 13 (item 11)
- "Literacy of AP (Census 2011)" (PDF). Official Portal of Andhra Pradesh Government. p. 43. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "Brief about Municipality". Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- "Public services/amenities". Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- "Need to enforce building rules: VGTM-UDA vice-chief". The Hindu. Guntur. 14 July 2012. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- "Details of Roads in Each ULB of Andhra Pradesh". Commissioner and Directorate of Municipal Administration. Municipal Administration and Urban Developmemt Department - Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original on 1 August 2016. Retrieved 28 March 2017.
- "Bus Stations in Districts". Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Archived from the original on 22 March 2016. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- Srinivas, Rajulapudi (25 October 2013). "25 passengers rescued from stranded APSRTC bus in Narsaraopet". The Hindu. Guntur. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- Sattenapalle Rail Info
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sattenapalle.|