In July 2006, Sharma was arrested and accused of trying to help Basdeo Panday, a former prime minister who was sentenced in April to two years in prison for corruption, an action which some perceived as racist. An international tribunal ruled that there was insufficient evidence to remove him from office in December 2007. He however resigned as scheduled in January 2008.
- TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO GAZETTE (PDF). 10 October 2001.
- "Appointment of Chief Justice- TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO GAZETTE" (PDF). web.archive.org. 2011-10-05. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- "Former CJ Sharma: Who granted Archie leave?". Trinidad and Tobago Newsday. 2018-03-07. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- "BBCCaribbean.com | Court rules against arrest of Trinidad CJ". www.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- "Justice and the judge". The Economist. 2006-07-20. ISSN 0013-0613. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- "Sat: T&T becoming a despotic state". www.guardian.co.tt. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- Ragoonath, Reshma. "Former chief magistrate Mc Nicolls, 57, passes on". www.guardian.co.tt.
- "TRINIDAD: Battle Over Chief Justice Highlights Racial Divide | Inter Press Service". www.ipsnews.net. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- "Trinicenter.com - Selwyn R. Cudjoe - Chief Justice Ivor Archie". www.trinicenter.com. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- "Chief justice under pressure to resign". country.eiu.com. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
|This Trinidadian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|