Sapporo Television Broadcasting
The Sapporo Television Broadcasting, Co., Ltd. (札幌テレビ放送株式会社, Sapporo Terebi Hōsō Kabushiki Gaisha) is a TV station of Nippon News Network (NNN) and Nippon Television Network System (NNS) in Hokkaidō, Japan. Headquartered in Sapporo, the capital city of Hokkaidō prefecture, the TV station was established on April 8, 1958. It is usually called "STV" for short, which is used as a name in a number of TV programs.
Since December 15, 1962, the company has worked as both television and radio station until July 12, 2005, when the radio section was split into the STV Radio Broadcasting, Co., Ltd. (STVラジオ株式会社, STV Rajio Kabushiki Gaisha) was established. Currently, the STV Radio is a radio station of National Radio Network (NRN) in Hokkaidō, Japan. The license of the radio broadcasting was succeeded to the STV Radio, and started radio broadcasting on October 1, 2005.
On April 7, 2000, the STV constructed the Sapporo Media Park "Spica", a building and hall for the entertainment and event venues, which closed down on March 31, 2008.
- April 8, 1958: STV is founded.
- April 1, 1959: STV begins television broadcasts.
- December 24, 1960: STV moved to the Broadcasting Hall.
- February 17, 1961: STV applies for an AM radio license.
- December 15, 1962: Radio broadcasts commence.
- March 20, 1966: Color broadcasts begin.
- April 1, 1972: UHB begins broadcasting, taking over the secondary affiliation to FNN that STV had. NNS is founded on this date.
- January 1996: STV opens their official website.
- July 12, 2005: STV Radio is established as a separate company.
- October 1, 2005: STV Radio takes over the license of STV's radio network which spun off from the TV arm.
- June 1, 2006: Digital terrestrial broadcasts commence.
- July 24, 2011: Analog terrestrial broadcasts conclude.
- Sapporo JOKX-TV 5Ch
- Asahikawa JOKY-TV 7Ch
- Kushiro JOSY-TV 7Ch
- Abashiri JOVX-TV 5Ch
- Obihiro JOWL-TV 10Ch
- Hakodate JOMY-TV 12Ch
- Kitami JOYS-TV 7Ch
- Muroran JOLY-TV 7Ch
- ID: 5
- Sapporo JOKX-DTV 21Ch
- Asahikawa JOKX-DTV 23Ch
- Kushiro JOKX-DTV 31Ch
- Abashiri JOKX-DTV 16Ch
- Obihiro JOKX-DTV 21Ch
- Hakodate JOKX-DTV 15Ch
- Kitami JOKX-DTV 16Ch
- Muroran JOKX-DTV 22Ch
STV Radio Medium waveEdit
- 1440 kHz
- 1197 kHz
- 882 kHz
- 909 kHz
- Obihiro JOWM 1071 kHz
- Hakodate JOWN 639 kHz
- Kitami JOYS 1485 kHz
- Nemuro JOXS 1062 kHz
STV Radio Frequency modulationEdit
90.4 MHz (in Sapporo)
- Rather than a radio broadcast, since the beginning of television broadcasting was as the company name precedence, most call signs differ except for a part.
- Dosanko Wide
- Dosanko Sunday
- Bakushou Mondai no SUSUME
- ippachi ikouyo!
- OHAYO!! HOKKAIDO
- Attack Young(end)
- AtaYoun PUSH!
- Weekend Variety Goro-Hidaka Show (every Saturday)
- All Night Nippon (from Nippon Broadcasting System, Incorporated (LF))
- All Night Nippon (Mon. - Sat. 25:00 - 27:00)
- All Night Nippon Ever Green (Mon. - Thu. 27:00 - 29:00)
- All Night Nippon R (Fri. 27:00 - 29:00, Sat. 27:00 - 28:30)
- All Night Nippon Record (Sat. 28:30 - 29:00, not including LF)