Sapporo Japan Temple
Coordinates: The Sapporo Japan Temple (札幌神殿, Sapporo Shinden) is a temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) in Sapporo, Japan. The intent to construct the temple was announced by church president Thomas S. Monson on October 3, 2009, during the church's semi-annual general conference. Completed in 2016, the intent to build the temple was announced concurrently with the Brigham City Utah, Concepción Chile, Fort Lauderdale Florida and Fortaleza Brazil temples; together, at the time, they brought the total number of temples worldwide to 151. It is the third church temple in Japan. Ground was broken on 22 October 2011 by Gary E. Stevenson. Michael T. Ringwood and Koichi Aoyagi of the Seventy were also present.
|Sapporo Japan Temple|
Temple in winter 2016
|Dedicated||21 August 2016 by |
Russell M. Nelson
|Site||9.8 acres (4 hectares)|
|Floor area||48,480 sq ft (4,504 m2)|
|Preceded by||Provo City Center Temple|
|Followed by||Philadelphia Pennsylvania Temple|
|Official website• News & images|
Open house and dedicationEdit
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Japan
- "President Thomas S. Monson: 'Welcome to Conference'", Deseret News, October 3, 2009, retrieved 2012-11-06.
- Talor, Scott (October 4, 2009), "Brigham City among five new locales for LDS temples", Deseret News, retrieved 2012-11-06.
- "Ground Broken for Sapporo Japan Temple", Newsroom, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 23 October 2011
- Taylor, Scott (October 4, 2009), "Brigham City among five new locales for LDS temples", Deseret News, retrieved 2012-11-06
- "The First Presidency Announces Open House and Dedication Dates for Three Temples: Temples to open in Sapporo, Japan, Freiberg, Germany, and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2016-01-21
- "Sapporo Japan Temple Dedicated in Three Sessions: Third Mormon temple in Japan, 151st operating temple worldwide", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2016-08-21