Santa Cruz del Norte
Santa Cruz del Norte is a town and municipality in the Mayabeque Province of Cuba. Before 2011 it was part of La Habana Province. It is located on the north shore, between the cities of Havana and Matanzas, at the mouth of the Santa Cruz River.
|Santa Cruz del Norte|
Street in Santa Cruz del Norte
Santa Cruz del Norte municipality (red) within
Mayabeque Province (yellow) and Cuba
|• Total||376 km2 (145 sq mi)|
|Elevation||5 m (16 ft)|
|• Density||86.6/km2 (224/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
The municipality is divided into the consejos populares of Santa Cruz del Norte (the town proper) and the villages of Bacunayagua, Boca de Jaruco, Jibacoa, El Fraile, Arcos de Canasí, El Comino, La Sierra, Hershey (or Camilo Cienfuegos), Loma del Tanque, El Rubio and Paula. A spur of the Hershey Electric Railway connects the town to Matanzas. This is used mainly by diesel powered freight trains.
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Guije.com. "Santa Cruz del Norte" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2007-10-07.
- Statoids (July 2003). "Municipios of Cuba". Retrieved 2007-10-07.
- Atenas.cu (2004). "2004 Population trends, by Province and Municipality". Archived from the original on September 27, 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-07. (in Spanish)
- (in Spanish) Bacunayagua on EcuRed
- Media related to Santa Cruz del Norte at Wikimedia Commons