Sanjeev Goyal FBA is an Indian-British economist who is currently Professor of Economics at the University of Cambridge and a Fellow of Christ's College, Cambridge. He is a pioneer and a leading international scholar in the economic study of networks. His book, Connections: an introduction to the economics of networks was published by Princeton University Press in 2007.
|Alma mater||University of Delhi |
|Known for||Social Learning |
|Awards||National Talent Scholar |
Gold Medal, Delhi Univ.
|Doctoral advisor||David Easley|
- V. Bala and S. Goyal (1998), Learning From Neighbors, Review of Economic Studies.
- V. Bala and S. Goyal (2000), A Non-Cooperative Model of Network Formation, Econometrica.
- S. Goyal and J.L. Moraga (2001), R&D Networks, RAND Journal.
- S. Goyal and S. Joshi (2003), Networks of Collaboration in Oligopoly, Games and Econ Beh.
- S. Goyal and F. Vega-Redondo (2005), Network formation and social coordination, Games and Econ Beh..
- S. Goyal, J.L. Moraga and M. v.d. Leij (2006), Economics: an emerging small world?, Journal of Political Economy.
- S. Goyal and F. Vega-Redondo (2007), Structural Holes in Social networks, Journal of Economic Theory.
- A. Galeotti and S. Goyal (2009), Influencing and influencers: a theory of strategic diffusion, RAND Journal.
- A. Galeotti, S. Goyal, M. Jackson, F. Vega-Redondo, L. Yariv (2010), Network Games, Review of Economic Studies.
- A. Galeotti and S. Goyal (2010), The Law of the Few, American Economic Review.
- S. Goyal and M. Kearns (2012), Competitive Contagion in Networks, Symposium on the Theory of Computing.
- L. Ductor, M.Fafchamps, S. Goyal and M. v.d.Leij (2014), Social Networks & Research Output, Rev of Econ and Stats.
- S. Goyal and A. Vigier (2014), Attack, defence and contagion in networks, Review of Economic Studies.
- M. Dziubinski and S. Goyal (2016), How do you defend a network?, Theoretical Economics.
- J. Gagnon and S. Goyal (2017), Networks, markets and inequality, American Economic Review
- P. Dasgupta and S. Goyal (2019), Narrow Identities, Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics.
- A. Galeotti, B. Golub and S. Goyal (2020), Targeting Interventions in Networks, Econometrica.