Sanhe (Chinese: 三河; pinyin: Sānhé Shì) is a county-level city administered by Langfang prefecture in eastern Hebei province, People's Republic of China. Sanhe city, Dachang Hui Autonomous County, and Xianghe County form the "Northern Three Counties of Langfang", an exclave of Hebei province surrounded by the Beijing and Tianjin municipalities.
Apartment blocks in Sanhe
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• County-level city||643 km2 (248 sq mi)|
|• County-level city||480,000|
|• Density||750/km2 (1,900/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
|Licence Plate Prefix||冀RH|
The name of the city literally means "Three Rivers".
- Dingshengdongdajie Subdistrict (鼎盛东大街街道), Juyangxidajie Subdistrict (泃阳西大街街道), Kejilu Subdistrict (科技路街道), Yingbinbeilu Subdistrict (迎宾北路街道), Xinggongdongdajie Subdistrict (行宫东大街街道)
- Juyang (泃阳镇), Liqizhuang (李旗庄镇), Yangzhuang (杨庄镇), Huangzhuang (皇庄镇), Xinji (新集镇), Duanjialing (段甲岭镇), Huangtuzhuang (黄土庄镇), Gaolou (高楼镇), Qixinzhuang (齐心庄镇), Yanjiao (燕郊镇)
- Yanjiao Economic and Technological Development Zone (national level) (燕郊经济技术开发区)
- Sanhe Agricultural High-tech Zone (三河市农业高新技术园区)
Expressway & HighwayEdit
- G0121 Beijing–Qinhuangdao Expressway, G95 Capital Area Loop Expressway
- China National Highway 102
- Provincial Highway: S204, S206, S274
- Beijing-Qinhuangdao railway
- Beijing-Tangshan intercity railway (Under construction)
- Beijing-Binhai intercity railway (Under construction)
Attack on ARD film crewEdit
In February, 2013 German television crew from ARD was attacked by a group of men in at least 4 vehicles. The ARD crew including correspondent Christine Adelhardt had been filming in the village of Da Yan Ge Zhuang (大閆各莊村) in Juyang, Sanhe city. A group of men in two vehicles drove to the ARD crew and intimidated them. Two other vehicles joined the group of men and pursued the fleeing ARD van on the highway. The ARD van was forced to a halt and 5 to 6 of the men got out to smash the windshield of the van with baseball bats. The ARD van was able to get away and sought help on passing two motorcycle policemen, who tried stopping the men from once again attacking the ARD crew. However, only after police reinforcements arrived was the situation brought under control.
According to statement from the Foreign Correspondents Club of China condemning the attack, a witness identified one of the vehicles involved in the attack as belonging to the "Da Yan Ge Zhuang village communist party secretary". The ARD crew was taken into police custody and questioned for 16 hours then released. A police officer told an ARD reporter that the attackers had been "offended" because the crew did not ask for permission to film in the village.
- "5名德國記者在河北拍攝時遇襲" (New York Times). March 1, 2013.
- "Foreign correspondents in China call for inquiry into assault on German TV crew". The Guardian.