Eternal Blood (originally Sangre Eterna) is a 2002 Chilean vampire-horror film directed by Jorge Olguín, written by Carolina García and Olguín, and starring Blanca Lewin, Juan Pablo Ogalde, Patricia López, and Claudio Espinoza. A group of vampire enthusiasts become convinced that their subculture has been infiltrated by real vampires.
|Directed by||Jorge Olguín|
|Produced by||Daniel Pantoja|
|Written by||Carolina García|
Juan Pablo Ogalde
|Music by||Rodrigo Cuadra|
|Cinematography||José Luis Arredondo|
|Edited by||Jorge Olguín|
Angel Films Producciones
M inducts Carmila, a journalism student, into the world of Goth subculture and live action role-playing. As Carmila becomes more immersed, M begins to have increasing doubts about her safety. Eventually, M comes to believe that real vampires have infiltrated the subculture and feeding on the enthusiasts. M desperately works to stop the vampires, whom he thinks are led by a man named Dahmer, though the others worry about his sanity.
- Blanca Lewin as Carmila
- Juan Pablo Ogalde as M
- Pascale Litvak as Pancha
- Patricia López as Elizabeth
- Claudio Espinoza as Martin
- Carlos Borquez as Dahmer
Under its original name of Sangre Eterna, it premiered in Chile on October 31, 2002. Variety wrote that it became a cult film and one of the highest grossing Latin American horror films. Screen Daily described it as "the biggest box office hit in the history of Chilean cinema." After the Chilean premiere, it played in Latin American and European film festivals, and a DVD was released in Chile in March 2003. Fangoria Films released it in the United States as Eternal Blood.
The film opened to critical acclaim in Chile. Mike Long of DVD Talk rated it 2.5/5 stars wrote that "the first 40 minutes ... are riveting", but "the movie goes from clever and interesting to slow and boring." Beyond Hollywood wrote that the film is creative but lacks originality.
- "Jorge Olguín: "A los miedosos les recomiendo que no vean Sangre Eterna"". La Cuarta. 2002-10-26. Archived from the original on 2014-03-19. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- "Modelo mapuche hará de vampira en el cine". La Cuarta (in Spanish). 2002-01-25. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- de la Fuente, Anna Marie (2006-04-20). "'Sea' wind makes pair feel Chile". Variety. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- "Chilean hotshot aims for international exposure". Screen Daily. 2003-07-15. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- "Jorge Olguín dejará patitas en la calle mostrando su película "Sangre Eterna"". La Cuarta (in Spanish). 2003-03-01. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- Turek, Ryan (2013-10-30). "Trailer Debut for the Spooky Chilean Film Whispers of the Forest". Shock Till You Drop. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- Long, Mike (2003-07-14). "Eternal Blood". DVD Talk. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- "Eternal Blood (2002) Movie Review". BeyondHollywood.com. 2003-06-29. Archived from the original on 2014-03-19. Retrieved 2014-03-18.
- "Vampiros de "Sangre Eterna" recibieron premio en Málaga". La Cuarta (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2014-03-17. Retrieved 2014-03-16.
- "2003 Screamfest Awards". Screamfest. Archived from the original on 2014-03-17. Retrieved 2014-03-16.