Sandeep Khosla is a noted Indian fashion designer, who co-owns the label, Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla. He is best known for his ability to infuse Indian craftsmanship and textile heritage with European tailored silhouette. His signature is to combine traditional aesthetics with modern design.
|Education||The Doon School|
|Years active||1986- present|
|Known for||Fashion design|
Many international stars have opted for Khosla's outfits for awards' night. In 2012, Judi Dench wore Khosla's design for BAFTA. In 2002, he along with Neeta Lulla, Abu Jani, and Reza Shariffi, won the National Film Award for Best Costume Design, for his work in the Bollywood film Devdas directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
Of late, Khosla has taken on several projects in interior design. He has designed interiors for hotels (such as The Sofala, Goa), restaurants (the Aish at the Park, Hyderabad), resorts and homes, and has even begun to event design for Indian weddings.
Born in Kapurthala, in a Punjabi family, Khosla studied at The Doon School before joining his family's leather and garment business. He completed his studies with college in Jalandhar, thereafter he studied for a year at a leather institute in Chennai, but left to move to Delhi. Here he started working as a buyer for an export house and eventually opened a small boutique, Limelight. However soon he shifted to Mumbai, and started working with a film costume designer, Xerxes Bhathena. Incidentally, Abu Jani had also assisted Bhatena for while, soon they met and decided to work together.
In 1986, they launched a boutique, Mata Hari. After their work was featured in a noted featured on the cover of the a noted Bombay magazine, they became one of the five designers to join Tarun Tahiliani for his multi-brand boutique Ensemble in 1987. Actress Dimple Kapadia became their first celebrity client, and in turn led to other noted clientele like Jaya Bachchan and Parmeshwar Godrej.
- Singh, Sanghita (8 September 2001). "A tale with twists, turns & Tarun Tahiliani". Times of India. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- Times News Network (30 June 2009). "LFW finale by Tarun Tahiliani". Times of India. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- HINDLEY, AGNIESZKA (18 March 2004). "Couture king". The Hindu. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- Condenast India. "Tarun Tahiliani's Bridal Couture Exposition comes to New Delhi". Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- Misra, Iti Shree (14 February 2012). "Judi Dench in Abu Jani & Sandeep Khosla's gown at BAFTA". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- "39th National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- "About the Sol". Retrieved 24 March 2012.
- "Fashion's new façade at the Park Hyderabad". Archived from the original on 15 June 2012. Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- Designs on the bride : Simply Chennai - India Today
- "Lord of the ramp". The Telegraph. Calcutta, India. 14 November 2010.
- ""We are meant to be together"—Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla". Society magazine, MagnaMags. 6 December 2013. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- Bandana Tewari (23 February 2012). "Fashion Focus: 25 Years of Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla". Vogue, India. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- Mitter, Swapna. "Tarun Tahiliani". Rediff. Archived from the original on 2 March 2000. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- "Inside Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla's party". India Today. Retrieved 28 May 2014.