San Felipe Plaza is a 46-story tower west of the Uptown Houston district in Houston, Texas, United States. Designed by architect Richard Keating, the building was constructed in 1984 by Linbeck Construction Corporation and contains 959,466 square feet (89,137.3 m2) of leaseable space. The building is the 16th tallest in the city and is the second-tallest building outside of Downtown Houston. It is 2 miles from the Houston Galleria.
|San Felipe Plaza|
|Location||5847 San Felipe Street, Houston, TX 77057|
|Height||625 ft (191 m)|
|Structural system||Curtain wall|
|Floor area||959,466 sq ft (89,137.3 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect(s)||Skidmore, Owings & Merrill|
The building was completed in 1984.
In 1993, Sanchez-O'Brien Oil & Gas leased an additional 21,828 square feet (2,027.9 m2) of space in the building. During that year other tenants included BHP Petroleum (the U.S. subsidiary of BHP), Maxxam, and Texas Commerce Bank-Tanglewood. The building had served as the U.S. headquarters of BHP. Later in 1993, BHP announced that it was moving its U.S. headquarters, including 200 clerical and professional employees, from San Felipe Plaza to the Cigna Tower in Four Oaks Place. The Consulate of Canada in Houston opened in the building in 2003.
In 2014, AkinMears leased the entire 45th floor of the building.
In 2016, Deutser signed a lease in the building.
In 2018, Encino Energy signed a lease in the building for 76,048 square feet.
- "San Felipe Plaza". Skyscraper Center.
- "San Felipe Plaza, Houston". Emporis. Archived from the original on January 20, 2016.
- "San Felipe Plaza".
- "Canada opens new consulate in Houston". American City Business Journals. September 18, 2003.
- Sarnoff, Nancy (August 28, 2014). "San Felipe Plaza picks up full-floor tenant". Houston Chronicle.
- Smith, Cara (September 30, 2016). "Exclusive: Houston co. expanding into West Coast-themed space in Uptown". American City Business Journals.
- Pulsinelli, Olivia (December 19, 2018). "Energy co. moves headquarters to San Felipe Plaza on heels of $2B deal". American City Business Journals.
- "Xtra Airways".
- "Contact Our Team - Houston". Canadian Trade Commissioner Service Office in Houston.
- "Westmont Hospitality Group: Contact Us". Westmont Hospitality Group.
- "Westmont Hospitality Group, Inc". American City Business Journals.