18 Jan 1892
|Died||7 Jul 1983 (aged 91)|
|Other names||Shevach Samuel Kalinowsky|
|Occupation||Music Director, Fox Film, 20th Century Fox|
|Known for||film music|
Clara Szemere (divorced 1972)
Claire Dennis (married 1972)
Kaylin was born in the Ukraine and emigrated to the United States on January 16, 1907 aboard the Norddeutscher Lloyd steamship Neckar He worked as a musician at the Chinese Theater in Los Angeles.
Kaylin joined Fox Film in 1930 and composed more than 80 film scores. Among them were the scores for Shirley Temple's Bright Eyes and John Ford's Judge Priest. He left 20th Century Fox, Fox Film's successor, in 1940.
Kaylin died in Bakersfield, California.
- Harmony at Home (1930)
- Walls of Gold (1933)
- Forbidden Melody (1933)
- Orient Express (1934)
- Nothing More Than a Woman (1934)
- Las fronteras del amor (1934)
- La cruz y la espada (1934)
- Gentle Julia (1936)
- The Jones Family in Big Business (1937)
- Mr. Moto in Danger Island (1939)
- The Man Who Wouldn't Talk (1940)
- 1917 Draft Registration Card
- Samuel Kaylin on the Internet Movie Database
- SAMUEL KAYLIN QUITS 20th. Variety March 25, 1940