Samuel Bottomley (born 14 June 2001) is an English actor, known for his roles as Brandon Kelleher on the CBBC series Rocket's Island and Jordan Wilson on the Channel 4 drama Ackley Bridge. He is also set to portray the role of Dean Paxton in the film adaptation of Everybody's Talking About Jamie.
|Television||Rocket's Island |
Kiss Me First
Bottomley was born on 14 June 2001 in Wibsey, Bradford. Bottomley was a member of the Buttershaw St Paul's Amateur Operatic Dramatic Society, and in 2014, he joined The Yorkshire School of Acting at the Bradford Playhouse.
At the age of nine, Bottomley made his professional acting debut in the 2011 drama film Tyrannosaur. He then appeared in the 2012 film Private Peaceful as the younger version of Tommo. Later that year, he began portraying the role of Brandon in the CBBC series Rocket's Island, a role he portrayed until 2015. From 2017 to 2018, Bottomley portrayed the role of Jordan Wilson in the Channel 4 school drama Ackley Bridge. In 2019, he starred in the comedy film Get Duked! as Ian. In the same year, he began starring in the iPlayer series Ladhood as Ralph Roberts. In 2021, he is set to star in the film Everybody's Talking About Jamie, in the role of Dean Paxton.
|2012||Private Peaceful||Young Tommo|
|2017||Ghost Stories||Young Goodman|
|2019||The Last Right||Louis Murphy|
|2021||Everybody's Talking About Jamie||Dean Paxton||Post-production|
|2012–2015||Rocket's Island||Brandon Kelleher||Main role|
|2015||Sons of Liberty||Christopher Seider||1 episode|
|2015||Wolf Hall||Young Thomas Cromwell||Recurring role; 3 episodes|
|2016||Moving On||Connor||1 episode|
|2016||Jericho||George Quaintain||Main role; 8 episodes|
|2017–2018||Ackley Bridge||Jordan Wilson||Main role|
|2018||Kiss Me First||Ben / Denier||Main role|
|2019–present||Ladhood||Ralph Roberts||Main role|
- "Sam stars in major new Yorkshire drama". Telegraph & Argus. Archived from the original on 26 December 2019. Retrieved 26 November 2019.
- "Sundance winner "Tyrannosaur" features Bradford actor Sam Bottomley". Telegraph & Argus. Archived from the original on 26 December 2019. Retrieved 26 December 2019.
- Clayton, Emma. "Bradford teens go back to school in new TV drama Ackley Bridge". Telegraph & Argus. Archived from the original on 21 September 2019. Retrieved 27 November 2019.
- Scott, A. O. (17 November 2011). "'Tyrannosaur' With Peter Mullan - Review". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 11 November 2019. Retrieved 27 November 2019.
- "Private Peaceful". Variety. 12 October 2012. Archived from the original on 29 June 2017. Retrieved 27 November 2019.
- "Rocket's Island - S2 - Episode 8: The Wolf Tree". Radio Times. Archived from the original on 21 September 2019. Retrieved 27 November 2019.
- Anderton, Joe (12 June 2018). "Ackley Bridge abuse story praised for its sensitivity". Digital Spy. Archived from the original on 27 July 2019. Retrieved 27 November 2019.
- "Ackley Bridge child abuse scene has viewers in tears as Jordan is viciously beaten by his dad". Radio Times. Archived from the original on 6 May 2019. Retrieved 21 September 2019.
- Miska, Brad (8 May 2020). "SXSW Horror-Comedy 'Boyz in the Wood' Hits Amazon Prime This August". Bloody Disgusting. Archived from the original on 16 August 2020. Retrieved 28 August 2020.
- Nicholson, Rebecca. "Ladhood review – boisterous comedy smells like teen spirit ... and Lynx". The Guardian. Archived from the original on 26 November 2019. Retrieved 27 November 2019.
- Tossell, Shaun (1 July 2019). "FURTHER CASTING FOR EVERYBODY'S TALKING ABOUT JAMIE FILM REVEALED". Theatre Fan. Retrieved 27 November 2019.