Samsung Galaxy Z series
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Samsung Galaxy Z series is a line of foldable smartphones manufactured by Samsung Electronics. With the announcement of the Galaxy Z Flip, Samsung's future foldable smartphones will be part of the Galaxy Z series.
|Release date||6 September 2019|
|System on a chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon (2019–)|
Samsung Galaxy Z FoldEdit
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold was the first phone in the Galaxy Z series, and the only one not marketed under the "Z" brand. It was announced on February 20, 2019 and released on September 6, 2019, in South Korea. A version of the device marketed as the Samsung W20 5G was released on December 12 exclusively for China Telecom, with a faster Snapdragon 855+ processor and a unique white finish.
Samsung Galaxy Z FlipEdit
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip and Z Flip 5G were released on 14 February 2020 and 7 August 2020 respectively, and was the first device to be marketed under the "Z" brand. Unlike the Galaxy Fold, the device folds vertically and uses a hybrid glass coating branded as "Infinity Flex Display".
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2Edit
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G is the second generation of Samsung's outward fold design introduced with the original fold. It features prominent upgrades such as a significantly larger front screen than its predecessor, a high refresh rate 120 Hz folding screen, minimal bezels and improved cameras. A luxury model called the Samsung W21 5G was unveiled in November 2020 exclusively for the Chinese market.
- "Samsung's foldable devices will fall under the Galaxy Z umbrella". SamMobile. Retrieved September 11, 2020.
- Williams, Andrew (2019-04-15). "Samsung Galaxy Fold hands-on: an odd glimpse of our phone future". Wired UK. ISSN 1357-0978. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "Samsung Galaxy W20 5G goes on sale in China and sells out, instantly". GSMArena.com. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "Foldable Samsung W20 5G arrives in China with Snapdragon 855+". GSMArena.com. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- Bohn, Dieter (2020-02-11). "Hands on with Samsung's Galaxy Z Flip foldable phone". The Verge. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- Amadeo, Ron (2020-02-11). "Samsung's Galaxy Z Flip is the first foldable with a flexible glass cover". Ars Technica. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- Dolcourt, Jessica. "Samsung Galaxy Z Flip's foldable glass screen: Already more impressive than the Razr". CNET. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- Gartenberg, Chaim (2020-08-05). "Samsung announces the Galaxy Z Fold 2 with bigger screens and better cameras". The Verge. Retrieved 2020-11-10.
- "Samsung unveils W21 5G - a more premium Galaxy Z Fold2 for China". GSMArena.com. Retrieved 2020-11-10.