Samoa at the 2020 Summer Olympics
Samoa is expected to compete at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. Originally scheduled to take place from 24 July to 9 August 2020, the Games have been postponed to a date not later than summer 2021, because of the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic. It will be the nation's tenth consecutive appearance at the Summer Olympic Games, although it had previously competed in four editions under the name Western Samoa.
|Samoa at the|
2020 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Samoa Association of Sports and National Olympic Committee Inc.|
|in Tokyo, Japan|
|Competitors||4 in 3 sports|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
- Field events
|Alex Rose||Men's discus throw|
|Men's K-1 1000 m|
|Women's K-1 500 m|
Qualification Legend: FA = Qualify to final A (medal); FB = Qualify to final B (non-medal)
Samoan sailors qualified one boat in each of the following classes through the class-associated World Championships, and the continental regattas, marking the country's debut in the sport.
|Athlete||Event||Race||Net points||Final rank|
|Eroni Leilua||Men's Laser|
M = Medal race; EL = Eliminated – did not advance into the medal race
- "Joint Statement from the International Olympic Committee and the Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee". Olympics. 24 March 2020. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- "iaaf.org – Top Lists". IAAF. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- "IAAF Games of the XXXII Olympiad – Tokyo 2020 Entry Standards" (PDF). IAAF. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- "Sport: Samoa's Anne Cairns secures spot in Tokyo Olympics". Radio New Zealand. 15 February 2020. Retrieved 25 February 2020.