Reddy at an event in 2017
|Born||14 December 1980 (age 38)|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Alma mater||Sydenham College|
|Years active||2002 – 2013|
|Spouse(s)||Akshai Varde (2014–present)|
|Parent(s)||Chintapoli Reddy, Nakshatra Reddy|
|Relatives||Meghna Reddy (sister)|
Sushma Reddy (sister)
Sameera Reddy made her film debut with the 2002 film Maine Dil Tujhko Diya. She is best known for starring in films such as Darna Mana Hai (2003), Musafir (2004), Jai Chiranjeeva (2005), Taxi Number 9211 (2006), Ashok (2006), Race (2008), Varanam Aayiram (2008), De Dana Dan (2009), Aakrosh (2010), Oru naal vaarum (2010)Vettai (2012) and Tezz (2012).
Sameera was born on 14 December 1980 in Mumbai, Maharashtra to a Telugu father and a Kannadiga mother. Her mother Nakshatra, referred to as Niki by her daughters and the media, was a microbiologist and worked with an NGO. She has two siblings, Meghna Reddy, a former VJ and supermodel, and Sushama Reddy, a Bollywood actress and model, both elder to her. She did her schooling at Bombay Scottish School in Mahim, Mumbai and graduated from Sydenham College.
Reddy first appeared in ghazal singer Pankaj Udhas's "Aur Aahista" music video in 1997. Sameera was meant to make her debut as an actress in Saravana Subbiah's Tamil film Citizen, during early 2000s, but eventually did not feature. She caught the attention of Bollywood and was cast in a pivotal role in the 2002 Hindi film Maine Dil Tujhko Diya. In 2004, she appeared in Musafir, opposite Anil Kapoor, Aditya Pancholi and Koena Mitra.
Sameera is also the first Indian actress to have her own video game, Sameera the Street Fighter. This mobile video game can be downloaded by millions of fans and is available to cell phone users throughout India.
Reddy is a big fan of American talk show hostess Oprah Winfrey. She met Oprah during the former's visit to India at the welcome party hosted by Parmeshwar Godrej. As the television celebrity was reportedly impressed by Sameera's saree, she was presented a similar saree as a gift by the actress before she left India.
|2002||Maine Dil Tujhko Diya||Ayesha Verma||Sohail Khan||Hindi||Hindi debut|
|2003||Darna Mana Hai||Shruti||Prawaal Raman||Hindi|
|2005||Narasimhudu||Palakad Papa||B. Gopal||Telugu||Telugu debut|
|Jai Chiranjeeva||Shailaja||K. Vijaya Bhaskar||Telugu|
|No Entry||(Beach Girl)||Anees Bazmee||Hindi||cameo appearance|
|2006||Taxi Number 9211||Rupali||Milan Luthria||Hindi|
|2007||Migration||Divya||Mira Nair||Hindi||Short Film|
|Fool & Final||Payal||Ahmed Khan||Hindi|
|Ami, Yasin Ar Amar Madhubala||Rekha||Buddhadeb Dasgupta||Bengali||Bengali debut|
|One Two Three||Laila||Ashwni Dhir||Hindi|
|Surya s/o Krishna||Meghana||Gautham Vasudev Menon||Telugu|
|Vaaranam Aayiram||Meghna||Gautham Vasudev Menon||Tamil||Tamil debut,
Nominated, Vijay Award for Best Debut Actress
|2009||De Dana Dan||Manpreet||Priyadarshan||Hindi|
|Oru Naal Varum||Meera||T. K. Rajeev Kumar||Malayalam||Malayalam debut|
|Red Alert: The War Within||Lakshmi||Anant Mahadevan||Hindi|
|Aakrosh||———||Priyadarshan||Hindi||Special appearance in song Isak Se Meetha|
|Mahayoddha Rama||Sita||Rohit Vaid||Hindi||Voice|
|2011||Nadunisi Naaygal||Sukanya||Gautham Vasudev Menon||Tamil|
|Vedi||Parvathi Paaru||Prabhu Deva||Tamil|
|Chakravyuh||———||Prakash Jha||Hindi||Special appearance in the song Kunda Khola|||
|Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum||———||Krish||Telugu||Special appearance in the song "Sai Andri Nanu"|||
|2013||Varadhanayaka||Lakshmi||Ayyappa P. Sharma||Kannada||Kannada debut|
|Ahista||1998||—||Pankaj Udhas||Stolen Moments|||
|Tere Aane Ki Jab Khabar Mehke||2000||—||Jagjit Singh||Saher|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2003||Maine Dil Tujhko Diya||Filmfare Awards||Best Female Debut||Nominated|
|2004||Musafir||Stardust Awards||Superstar of Tomorrow – Female||Nominated|
|2008||Varanam Aayiram||Vijay Awards||Vijay Award for Best Debut Actress||Nominated|
- "Indian Celebrities — Nikki Chintapoli Reddy, Made For Each Other". ShaadiTimes. 17 October 2008. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- "Reddy-made memories, Lifestyle — Leisure — Pune Mirror, Pune Mirror". Punemirror.in. Archived from the original on 19 March 2012. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- "Haute and spicy". MiD DAY. 15 September 2002. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- Basu, Arundhati (10 December 2005). "The Telegraph — Calcutta : Weekend". Calcutta, India: Telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- "Girl interrupted". MiD DAY. 17 February 2006. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- "Mumbai (Bombay), India, Sari and Catsuit, 1999, Photo of the Day, Picture, Photography, Wallpapers — National Geographic". Photography.nationalgeographic.com. 25 June 2001. Archived from the original on 24 March 2012. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- Barkha MathurBarkha Mathur, TNN (9 February 2008). "Why star siblings don't make it big — The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.comTimes of India. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- "Metro Plus Kochi / Cinema : Reddy reckoner". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 11 March 2010. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- "I love the bombshell tag: Sameera Reddy — Entertainment — DNA". Daily News and Analysis. 28 February 2010. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 11 October 2008. Retrieved 24 October 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Shekhar (20 January 2012). "Sameera Reddy Gift | Star Oprah Winfrey | Lime Green Saree | Shantanu Nikhil Sari". Oneindia.in. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- "Sameera Reddy ties the knot today". Times of India. 21 January 2014. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "Sameera Reddy and Akshai Varde to marry in April 2014". Biharprabha News. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- ""Motherhood is very humbling" - Sameera Reddy"
- "Maria Alkasas Wins First Ever Online Beauty Pageant". AdaDerana.lk. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Sameera Reddy - Chakravyuh"
- "Sameera Reddy|Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum"
- "Aur Aahista Kijiye Baatein Lyrics - Stolen Moments (1998)". LyricsBogie. Retrieved 2 November 2019.
- "Sameera turns Street Fighter". BollywoodHungama. Retrieved 2 November 2019.
- "Sameera: Warrior princess". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2 November 2019.