Samantha Win Tjhia (born March 29, 1991), formerly known as Samantha Jo, is a Canadian actress and former wushu taolu athlete. After her competitive career, she turned to acting and in 2012, she debuted as an actress in the role of Kitana in Mortal Kombat: Legacy, followed by her role as Car-Vex in 2013's Man of Steel. She has appeared in various projects since, including a leading role in Zack Snyder's 2021 film, Army of the Dead. In 2021, she will also be starring in Michael Ryan's The Dresden Sun.
|Occupation||Actress, martial artist|
(m. 2011; div. 2019)
|Women’s Wushu Taolu|
|Pan American Championships|
Life and careerEdit
Win was born in Barrie, Ontario, to a Chinese Canadian family. She has trained in martial arts since the age of four as her mother was a black belt in jiu-jitsu herself, doing jiu-jitsu as well before turning to wushu when she turned 12. At this time she also modeled in several children's print ads for Sears Company as well as appeared in various toy commercials. Win then became student of the Sunny Tang Martial Arts Center in Toronto and a member of the Newmarket based Team Ryouko Martial Arts performance team. She was a member of the Canadian National Wushu Team, and was a bronze medalist at the 2007 World Wushu Championships and a double gold-medalist Pan American Wushu Championships. She also competed in the 2008 Beijing Wushu Tournament. She was then recruited as a stuntwoman for Hollywood films because of her extensive training. After moving to Los Angeles, Win continued her education by studying with some of the many great acting teachers and even took to LA theater, performing the role of "Catherine" in Thursday Night Theater Company's production of Arthur Miller's A View from the Bridge. As of 2019, she is living in Los Angeles, United States.
- Man of Steel (2013) as Car-Vex
- Wonder Woman (2017) as Euboea
- Snow Steam Iron (2017) as Lin Woo
- Justice League (2017) as Euboea
- Circle of Stone (2018) as Padilla
- Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021) as Euboea
- Army of the Dead (2021) as Chambers
- Agent X (2015) (season 1) as Juju Yang
- Warrior (2015) (NBC Pilot) as Amelie
- Lethal Weapon (2019) (season 3) as Eve
- Arrow (2019) (season 7) as Beatrice
- Mortal Kombat: Legacy (2011) (season 1) as Kitana
- Mortal Kombat: Legacy II (2013) (season 2) as Kitana
- Ninja Gaiden 3 (2012) as Ayane and Momiji (motion capture)
- Resident Evil 6 (2012)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (2017)
- The King of Fighters (2010)
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010)
- In Time (2011)
- Sucker Punch (2011) - for Jena Malone (Rocket)
- Safe (2012)
- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 (2012) - for Kristen Stewart (Bella Swan)
- Man of Steel (2013) - for Antje Traue (Faora)
- 300: Rise of an Empire (2014) - for Eva Green (Artemisia)
- "'Army of the Dead' star Samantha Win's Asian heritage has been challenged most of her life by Hollywood, but she's done worrying what others think". Insider. 2021-06-14. Retrieved 2021-07-07.
- Grobar, Matt (2021-06-29). "'Army Of The Dead's Samantha Win To Star In Cyberpunk Indie 'The Dresden Sun'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 2021-07-07.
- Exclusive Interview With Actress Sam Tjhia (Mortal Kombat: Legacy) | Shogun Gamer
- Niroula, Nischal (2021-06-29). "Samantha Win | Biography 2021". Biography Host. Retrieved 2021-07-07.
- "C14AM_Two Events Combined Results_Women's Nanquan & Nandao". The Official Website of the BEIJING 2008 Olympic Games. 2008. Archived from the original on 2008-09-15. Retrieved 2021-07-07.