29 March 1916|
Kensington, London, England
|Died||12 June 2017(aged 101)|
Beazley was born in Kensington, London,. the son of Gordon and Nelto Beazley. He began acting professionally as a teenager in the early 1930s, including appearances with John Gielgud in productions of Hamlet (1934) and Romeo and Juliet (1935). After serving in World War II, he owned an antique shop for several decades. At the age of 75, Beazley returned to acting, and subsequently appeared in a variety of stage and film productions, as well he became a painter in his nineties. A 2010 article by Nicholas de Jongh in The Independent described "the amazing" Beazley as "the last theatre survivor of his generation". Beazley died on 12 June 2017 at the age of 101.
Foyle's War: Casualties of War (Season 4 Episode 4) Sam Beazley played the part of George Woodbridge (2006)
- "British actor Sam Beazley who starred in Harry Potter dies aged 101".
- de Jongh, Nicholas (July 11, 2017). "Sam Beazley obituary". The Guardian. Archived from the original on 4 October 2017. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- "findmypast.co.uk". search.findmypast.co.uk.
- Nicholas de Jongh, "Dangerous liaisons: The secret life of John Gielgud", The Independent, 15 February 2010.
- Garald Isaaman, "Feature: Exhibition – Sam Beazley's paintings is at the Millinery Works Gallery until August 28", Islington Tribune, 19 August 2010.
- John Freedman, "Playhouse of the World", The Moscow Times, 20 March 1998.
- "Sam BEAZLEY's Obituary on The Times". The Times.