This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Salvage Hunters is a British television programme in which decorative salvage dealer Drew Pritchard travels across the country in search of antiques from shops, fairs, old mansions, and then sells them online or in his shop.
|Narrated by||Ralph Ineson|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||14|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV) |
|Original release||14 November 2011 –|
It has aired on Quest since 2011, for 14 series.
Each episode features Pritchard visiting two or more locations to find new and valuable stock to resell.
The format includes travelling by van with his childhood friend Tee, the arrival at the location and meeting with sellers, a hunt for interesting and quirky objects, some haggling on prices and items style explanation, the drive back to his base in Conwy, Wales, showing the purchases to his team, the restoration process and items being photographed. A final summary of the deal and price achieved after the sell.
The series shows Pritchard visiting private estates, large and small antiques shops, antique markets and private individuals hunting for old and interesting decorative pieces to buy and sell.
Pritchard's team is composed of a number of restorers, such as an electrician, a French polisher, a photographer and a number of shop and office staff including his now ex-wife Rebecca. Usually he travels with his long-time friend “Tee" (John Tee), who both acts as driver and strong-man in moving the furniture purchased.
Spin off programmesEdit
- Salvage Hunters: Best Buys
- Salvage Hunters: Bitesize
- Salvage Hunters: The Restorers
- Salvage Hunters: Classic Cars
Foreign countries visited in the seriesEdit
This section possibly contains original research. (January 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Republic of Ireland
- In progress - to be updated
|Series||Start date||End date||Episodes|
|14||11 September 2019||2020||15|
- "Restoration comedy: Salvage Hunter Drew Pritchard on his cottage overhaul". Metro Newspaper UK.
- Jones, Mari (1 September 2018). "Drew Pritchard on whether his Conwy shop gamble has paid off". northwales.
- Doughty, Eleanor (January 13, 2017). "Hunting for treasures with an expert antiques dealer" – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- "New Series of Salvage Hunters". September 13, 2018 – via dailypost.co.uk.[failed verification]