Salvador (2006 film)
Salvador (Puig Antich) (or Salvador) is a 2006 Spanish film directed by Manuel Huerga. It is based on the Francesc Escribano book Compte enrere. La història de Salvador Puig Antich, which depicts the time Salvador Puig Antich spent on death row prior to his execution by garrote (the last person to be executed by this method), under Franco's Francoist State in 1974.
|Salvador (Puig Antich)|
|Directed by||Manuel Huerga|
|Produced by||Jaume Roures|
|Written by||Lluís Arcarazo|
(based on a book by Francesc Escribano)
|Music by||Lluís Llach|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
- Daniel Brühl as Salvador Puig Antich
- Tristán Ulloa as Oriol Arau
- Leonardo Sbaraglia as Jesús Irurre
- Leonor Watling as Cuca
- Ingrid Rubio as Margalida
- Celso Bugallo as Salvador's father
- Mercedes Sampietro as Salvador's mother
- Olalla Escribano as Imma Puig
- Carlota Olcina as Carme Puig
- Bea Segura as Montse Puig
- Andrea Ros as Merçona Puig
- Jacob Torres as Santi Soler
- Joel Joan as Oriol Solé
- Pau Derqui as Jordi Solé
- Oriol Vila as Ignasi Solé
- Raül Tortosa as Quim Puig Antich
- "Festival de Cannes: Salvador". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 16 December 2009.
- Martin-Estudillo, Luis; Ampuero, Roberto (2008). Post-Authoritarian Cultures: Spain and Latin America's Southern Cone. Vanderbilt University Press. pp. 165–166. ISBN 978-0-8265-9247-7 – via Project MUSE.
- Weissberg, Jay (May 23, 2006). "Review: 'Salvador'". Variety. Retrieved August 8, 2017.
- The Great Swindle: 'This is not the tale of Salvador Puig Antich'
- Salvador (Puig Antich) on IMDb
- A memorial from Salvador Puig Antich versus MediaPro film (in Catalan)
|This article related to a Spanish film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|