Salford Quays tram stop
Salford Quays tram stop is a stop on Greater Manchester's light rail Metrolink system. It is located beside Salford Quays, on Metrolink's Eccles Line. It opened as part of Phase 2 of the system's expansion, on 12 June 1999.
An M5000 tram at Salford Quays tram stop in November 2018.
Location of Salford Quays in Greater Manchester
|Fare zone information|
|Present status||In operation|
|Opened||12 June 1999|
- 12 minute service to Etihad Campus (peak).
- 12 minute service to MediaCityUK (peak).
- 12 minute service to Eccles (via MediaCityUK at offpeak times).
- 12 minute service to Ashton-under-Lyne.
Connecting bus routesEdit
Salford Quays station is served by buses stopping nearby on Trafford Road. Services that stop nearby are First Greater Manchester service 53, which runs to Pendleton and to Cheetham Hill via Rusholme, Gorton and Harpurhey, Arriva North West service 79, which runs to Swinton via Ordsall and Pendleton and to Stretford via Old Trafford. Arriva services 71 and 73, which runs to Clifton via Pendleton and Swinton and to Manchester Shudehill Interchange. Arriva service 70 also serve the station on Sundays, which also runs to Manchester and to Clifton, although via Eccles.
- "Transport for Greater Manchester - Journey Planning - Network Maps". Transport for Greater Manchester. Archived from the original on 2 November 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Salford Quays Metrolink station.|
|Preceding station||Manchester Metrolink||Following station|
|Eccles – Ashton-under-Lyne Line||
|MediaCityUK – Etihad Campus Line||
towards Etihad Campus
Railway Lines in Salford
Past, present and future