Sainyam is a 1994 Malayalam film written by S. N. Swamy and directed by Joshi. Mammootty, Mukesh, Priya Raman, Mohini, Vikram, Dileep, Sukumaran appeared in lead roles. The film score and soundtrack were composed by S. P. Venkatesh.
|Produced by||V. Balaram|
|Written by||S. N. Swamy|
|Music by||S. P. Venkatesh|
|Edited by||K. Sankunny|
|Distributed by||Ambu Films|
|15 September 1994|
This movie was dedicated to the Indian Air Force.
The story is about life of Indian Air Force officer Group Captain Eashwar (Mammootty) who engages himself into a project called "Red Alert," which involves the renovation of condemned aircraft. He is 35, unmarried and interested in Research Wing of Indian Air Force. Eshwar is assisted by Wing Commander Zakir (Mukesh).
As a cover, the research is being conducted at an India Air Force Academy. The cadets Jiji (Vikram), Thomas a.k.a. 'Kokku' Thoma (Dileep) and more especially Shradha Kaul (Priya Raman) provide comic relief.
Meanwhile, there are terrorists/anti-nationals trying to steal the project's secrets.
The movie ends with a note stating " A tribute to the Indian Air Force".
- Mammootty as Group Capt. A. J. Eashwar
- Mukesh as Wing Commander Zakir
- Priya Raman as Cadet Shradha Kaul
- Mohini as Lakshmi
- Vikram as Cadet Jiji
- Dileep as Cadet 'Kokku' Thomas
- Abi as Cadet Das
- Mukundan as Cadet
- Rajeev Rangan as Cadet
- T.S Krishnan as Sikh Cadet
- Sukumaran as Superior officer (Air Marshal or Air chief Marshal)
- Prem Kumar as Ramu
- Jagadish (Cameo)
- Vijayaraghavan (Cameo)
- Valsala Menon as Eashwar's Aunt
- Kozhikode Narayanan Nair as Eashwar's Uncle
- Devan as Police officer
- Sonia as Fathima,Wife of Zakir
- K.P.A.C. Sunny as Defence Minister
- Ravikumar as Major Sreeram
- Santhosh as military commando
- Rasheed Ummer as military commando
- Appa Haja as military commando
- Vijay Menon as Salim Terrorist
- Ajay Rathnam as Terrorist
- Nandhu as Salesman
- Krishnakumar, G (14 January 2004). "Lights ready... action now!". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 1 February 2015.
- "Location Diaries: Miniature models". The New Indian Express.
- "Mammootty's Sainyam movie's song Bagy jeansum gets a new version in Kaly - Times of India". The Times of India.
|This article about a Malayalam film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|