Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation
The Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation (SLSDC) is the agency of the United States Department of Transportation that operates and maintains the U.S.-owned and operated facilities of the joint United States-Canadian Saint Lawrence Seaway. It operates 2 of the 15 locks of the Seaway between Montreal and Lake Erie.
|Jurisdiction||United States Government|
|Parent department||United States Department of Transportation|
Its Canadian counterpart is the Saint Lawrence Seaway Management Corporation, a non-profit corporation under Canadian law.
List of AdministratorsEdit
- Lewis G. Castle, 1954–1960, died in office
- Martin W. Oettershagen, acting, June 1960 – December 1961
- Joseph H. McCann, 1962–1969
- David W. Oberlin, June 1969 – February 1983
- James L. Emery, February 1984 – February 1991
- Stanford Parris, March 1991 – 1995, resigned
- Gail C. McDonald, January 1996 – March 1998
- Albert S. Jacquez, Januar 1999-December 2005
- Collister Johnson, Jr., September 2006-December 2012
- Betty Sutton, 2013-currently
- "Betty Sutton, former congresswoman to be appointed to head Saint Lawrence Seaway agency". cleveland.com. Cleveland Plain Dealer. 24 July 2013. Retrieved 24 July 2013.