Saint John's Health Center
Providence Saint John's Health Center is a private not-for-profit, Roman Catholic hospital in Santa Monica, California, United States. The hospital was founded in 1942 by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth. Providence Saint John’s Health Center has been serving the Santa Monica and Westside communities and has earned a reputation for clinical excellence and award-winning care in a compassionate and tranquil healing environment. In 2014, the hospital was transferred to Providence Health & Services.
|Providence Saint John's Health Center|
|Providence Health & Services|
|Location||2121 Santa Monica Boulevard, Santa Monica, California, United States|
|Affiliated university||Providence Health & Services|
|Lists||Hospitals in California|
- Former US President Ronald Reagan, 2001, taken to St. John's after falling and was determined to have a broken hip.
- Former First Lady of the United States Nancy Reagan, February 17, 2008, taken to St. John's after falling in her Bel Air home.
- Jazz singer Nat King Cole died here on February 15, 1965 of lung cancer.
- Actor, Charlie Ruggles died here of cancer on December 23, 1970.
- Actress, Joi Lansing died here of breast cancer in 1972.
- Actor Richard Burton was treated there in 1974 for alcoholism.
- Playboy Playmate Melissa Holliday underwent Electroconvulsive Therapy here.
- Actresses Katie Holmes, Bridget Moynahan, and Brooke Shields gave birth here.
- Actor Ralph Bellamy died here on November 29, 1991 from a lung ailment.
- Governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger was treated here for six broken ribs after a motorcycle accident, and received fifteen stitches here after a skiing accident.
- First Lady of California Maria Shriver gave birth here and had a nursery ward named in her honor.
- Actor Owen Wilson (reportedly attempted suicide; later transferred to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center)
- Comedian George Carlin - Died here of heart failure on Sunday June 22, 2008 at age 71.
- Animator Bill Meléndez - Died here on Tuesday September 2, 2008 at age 91.
- Actor Patrick McGoohan - Died here on Tuesday January 13, 2009 at age 80.
- Actor Dom DeLuise - Died here on Monday May 4, 2009 at age 75.
- Actress Farrah Fawcett - Died here on Thursday June 25, 2009 at 9:28am PST at age 62 of anal cancer.
- Actor Harve Presnell - Died here on Tuesday June 30, 2009 at age 75.
- Director Blake Edwards - Died here on Wednesday December 15, 2010 at age 88 from complications from pneumonia.
- Television personality Dick Clark - Died here on Wednesday April 18, 2012 at age 82 of a heart attack.
- Pianist Martha Argerich - Treated here after her melanoma spread to her lungs. After she recovered, she gave a special concert benefiting the hospital.
- Actress Mariska Hargitay was born here on January 23, 1964.
- Actress Bonita Granville (1923–1988) - Died here on October 11, 1988.
- Actor Dick Van Patten died of complications from diabetes here on June 23, 2015 at 86.
Among those who have contributed significant donations to the Center are:
- St. John's Health Center at US News and World Report. Retrieved March 29, 2017.
- Brenton Garen (2014-02-27). "Saint John's Health Center To Transition To Providence Hospital This Weekend". Santa Monica Mirror. Santa Monica, Ca. Retrieved 2014-09-22.
- Ronald Reagan Breaks Hip in Fall - AP Online - HighBeam Research
- "Former First Lady Nancy Reagan Hospitalized After Fall". Fox News. February 18, 2008.
- "Nat 'King' Cole Dies of Cancer". latimes.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Eugene Register-Guard - Google News Archive Search". news.google.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "Archives: Story". www.filmsofthegoldenage.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- Bragg, Melvyn (1988). Richard Burton: A Life. Boston, Massachusetts: Little Brown and Co. ISBN 978-0446359382.
- Makeig, John (1996-06-26). "Woman Says Electric Shock Treatment Destroyed Her Life". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2008-09-28.
- "Tom Talks Baby!". Access Hollywood.
- Error - BostonHerald.com Archived 2007-08-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Bridget Moynahan Welcomes a Baby Boy". PEOPLE.com.
- "Brooke on Cruise Baby: 'Irony Is Perfect'". PEOPLE.com.
- Flint, Peter B. "Ralph Bellamy, the Actor, Is Dead at 87". NYTimes.com. The New York Times Company. Retrieved December 21, 2015.
- cbs13.com - Gov. Schwarzenegger OK After Motorcycle Mishap Archived 2007-09-27 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-10-07. Retrieved 2007-08-23.
- "Health News--Saint John's Unveils The Maria Shriver Nursery".
- https://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070828/ts_afp/entertainmentusfilm[dead link]
- Connell, Rich; Song, Jason (June 23, 2008). "George Carlin, 71; comedian tested limits of speech and society". The Los Angeles Times.
- "'Peanuts' animator Bill Melendez dies at 91". TODAY.com.
- McLellan, Dennis (January 15, 2009). "Patrick McGoohan dies at 80; TV's 'Secret Agent' and 'Prisoner'". The Los Angeles Times.
- McLellan, Dennis (May 6, 2009). "Dom DeLuise dies at 75; actor was a 'naturally funny man'". The Los Angeles Times.
- "Farrah Fawcett Dies At 62". Huffington Post. June 25, 2009.
- "Actor Harve Presnell dies of cancer at 75". TODAY.com.
- "'Pink Panther' director Blake Edwards dies". TODAY.com.
- Boucher, Geoff (April 19, 2012). "Dick Clark dies at 82; he introduced America to rock 'n' roll". Los Angeles Times.
- "Mariska Hargitay". www.nndb.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- Peter B. Flint (October 12, 1988). "Bonita G. Wrather, 65, an Actress and Executive". New York Times. Retrieved 2015-01-30.
Bonita Granville Wrather, a child film star of 1930s and a longtime executive in the Wrather Corporation, a complex of oil, entertainment and real estate businesses founded by her husband, Jack Wrather, died of cancer yesterday at St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica, Calif. ...
- "Dick Van Patten, 'Eight Is Enough' father, dies - CNN.com". CNN. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- Whitford, David (9 December 2013). "Who's the Richest Guy in Los Angeles?". Fortune (paper). Marty Jones (associate reporter). p. 138.
- John L. Seitz, Profile of: Paula Kent Meehan, Beverly Hills Courier, December 24, 2004