Ibn Khuzaymah(Redirected from Sahih Ibn Khuzaymah)
Abu Bakr Muhammad ibn Ishaq ibn Khuzaymah (Arabic: أبو بكر محمد بن إسحاق بن خزيمة, 837 CE/223 AH – 923 CE/311 AH) was a prominent Muslim hadith and Shafi'i fiqh scholar, best known for his hadith collection Sahih Ibn Khuzaymah.
|Title||Imām al-aʼimmah (إمام الأئمة)
|Born||Safar 223 AH
|Died||2 Dhu al-Qi'dah 311 AH|
|Main interest(s)||Hadith, Fiqh|
|Notable work(s)||Sahih Ibn Khuzaymah|
He was born in Nishapur a year earlier than Ibn Jarir al-Tabari and outlived him by one year. In Nishapur, he studied under its scholars, including Ishaq Ibn Rahwayh (died 238 AH), the muhaddith of Khorasan at the time, as well as with al-Bukhari and Muslim.
- Ṣaḥīḥ Ibn Khuzaymah: mukhtaṣar al-Mukhtaṣar min al-musnad al-Ṣaḥīḥ (Arabic: صحيح بن خزيمة : مختصر المختصر من المسند الصحيح): Only one fourth of the book survived. It is a collection of hadiths, covering prayer, fasting, pilgrimage, and the zakāt tithe. Among the Sahih collections after Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim, it is regarded highly along with Sahih Ibn Hibbaan and Sahih Abi 'Awana. It has been edited by Muhammad Mustafa Al-A'zami and published by al-Maktab al-Islami in Beirut.
- Kitāb al-Tawḥīd wa-ithbāt ṣifāt al-Rabb ’azza wa-jall (Arabic: کتاب التوحيد وإثبات صفات الرب عز وجل, lit. 'The Book of the Affirmation of Divine Unity and the Affirmation of the Attributes of the Lord') - OCLC 54295822, 499842253
- Sha’n al-du‘ā’ wa-tafsīr al-ad‘īyah al-ma’thūrah (Arabic: شأن الدعاء وتفسير الأدعية المأثورة)
- A.C. Brown, Jonathan (2014). Misquoting Muhammad: The Challenge and Choices of Interpreting the Prophet's Legacy. Oneworld Publications. p. 303. ISBN 978-1780744209.
- A.C. Brown, Jonathan (2009). Hadith: Muhammad's Legacy in the Medieval and Modern World (Foundations of Islam series). Oneworld Publications. pp. 32–3. ISBN 978-1851686636.
- Ibn Khuzaymah, Muḥammad ibn Isḥāq (1988), Shahwān, ʻAbd al-ʻAzīz ibn Ibrāhīm, ed., Kitāb al-Tawḥīd wa-ithbāt ṣifāt al-Rabb ʻazza wa-jall, Dār al-Rushd, pp. 25–35