Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster Returns
Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns (English: The Master, The Wife and the Gangster Returns) is a 2013 Indian Hindi romantic thriller drama film directed by Tigmanshu Dhulia. It is the sequel to the 2011 film, Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster. The film stars Jimmy Sheirgill and Mahi Gill, who reprised their roles from the previous film, while new additions to the cast include Irrfan Khan and Soha Ali Khan. The film was released on 8 March 2013. Jimmy Shergill won Best Actor Award for this film at 11th Norway Bollywood Film Festival in Oslo.
|Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns|
|Directed by||Tigmanshu Dhulia|
|Produced by||Tigmanshu Dhulia
Nitin Tej Ahuja
|Written by||Kamal Pandey|
|Screenplay by||Tigmanshu Dhulia|
Soha Ali Khan
|Music by||Sandeep Chowta
Mukhtar Sahota ("Dukh Thor Ditte Jugni")
|Edited by||Rahul Srivastava|
Brandsmith Motion Pictures
Tigmanshu Dhulia Films
Viacom 18 Motion Pictures
|Distributed by||Viacom 18 Motion Pictures|
|Budget||₹150 million (US$2.2 million)|
|Box office||₹219.5 million (US$3.3 million)
The Royal Scandal, the war for power, and fight for money continues with the return of Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster. Aditya Pratap Singh (Jimmy Sheirgill) is crippled and is trying to recover from the physical disability and his wife's betrayal. The lover cum seductress Madhavi Devi (Mahie Gill) is now an MLA, her relationship with Aditya may have broken to shambles but her relation with alcohol is deep, dark and daunting. Indrajeet Singh (Irrfan Khan), a ragged prince who has lost everything but his pride, pledges to get back his family's respect which was once destroyed by Aditya's ancestors. Ranjana (Soha Ali Khan) is a modern ambitious girl who is madly in love with Indrajeet Singh. The story takes a new turn when Aditya falls in love with Ranjana and forces Birendra, her father, for their marriage.
- Jimmy Sheirgill as Aditya Pratap Singh
- Mahi Gill as Madhavi Devi
- Irrfan Khan as Indrajeet Pratap Singh aka Raja Bhaiyya
- Soha Ali Khan as Ranjana
- Pravesh Rana as Param Pratap Singh
- Deepraj Rana as Kanhaiya
- Raj Babbar as Birendra Pratap aka Bunny
- Rajiv Gupta as MLA Prabhu Tiwari
- Charanpreet Singh as A journalist
- Sitaram Panchal
- Rajesh Khera
- Sujay Shankarwar as Rudy
- Anjana Sukhani as item number
- Mugdha Godse as item number "Media Se"
- Santosh Maurya as Thakur
The sequel was announced following the huge critical success of the first part, Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster. It was announced that Jimmy Sheirgill and Mahi Gill would be reprising their roles from the original film. In January 2012, Neil Nitin Mukesh was signed on to play the new gangster. However, due to differences between Mukesh and the film's producers, Mukesh was dropped from the part and Irrfan Khan was cast instead. Later in March, Soha Ali Khan was confirmed to play Irrfan Khan's love interest. Raj Babbar was soon cast to play the role of Soha Ali's father. Actress Neha Dhupia was to appear in an item number, but due to date issues, Mugdha Godse was signed instead.
The film was released on 8 March 2013.
The film was well received by critics. The performances of the main cast and the dialogues especially met with universal acclaim.
Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama gave the film 3.5/5 stars praising the performances of the main cast and the intricate character developments. Raja Sen of Rediff.com gave the film 4/5 stars and said Saheb. Biwi Aur Gangster Returns is better, sharper and more assured than the prequel. He called the dialogues "applause seeking" and also added, "Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns is a theatrically indulgent entertainer, one that makes no bones about its pulpiness and stays well and truly juicy." Ananya Bhattacharya of Zee News gave the film 4/5 stars and called it a 'masterpiece'. Anupama Chopra of Hindustan Times gave the film 3/5 stars saying that the film should be seen for its characters and dialogue. Rajeev Masand of IBN Live gave the film 3/5 stars saying that the film is an engaging watch. Rummana Ahmed from Yahoo India awarded the film 4.5/5 stars, praising Irrfan Khan's performance and calling the film overall "a compelling watch".
Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns had a slow start but grew up as time proceed and managed ₹32.5 million (US$480,000) on its opening day while around ₹113 million (US$1.7 million) in its first weekend to make a good total. It eventually netted ₹213 million (US$3.2 million) in domestic market.
|Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns|
|Studio album by Sandeep Chowta|
|Released||10 February 2013|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The film's soundtrack was released on 10 February 2013. The album contains five songs composed by Sandeep Chowta and lyrics penned by Sandeep Nath. A bonus song was later added to the film cut, "Dukh Thor Ditte Jugni", by music director Mukhtar Sahota, which became the opening song of the film.
|1.||"Idhar Gire"||Sowmya Raoh||04:24|
|3.||"Media Se"||Paroma Dasgupta||03:22|
|4.||"Bas Chal Kapat"||Piyush Mishra||04:03|
|5.||"Kona Kona Dil Ka"||Devaki Pandit||04:56|
|6.||"Dukh Thor Ditte Jugni (music Mukhtar Sahota)"||Harbhajan Shera|
- "Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns cast and crew details". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "The return of Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster".
- "Critics' review: Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns will overwhelm you" Archived 30 December 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 11 March 2013
- "Tigmanshu Dhulia wins Best Director at Norway Bollywood film festival". September 18, 2013. Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 18 November 2013. Retrieved 24 November 2013.
- "Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns". Retrieved 29 December 2013.
- "Neil out, Irrfan in Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster 2". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "Soha Ali Khan to play Irrfan's wife in 'Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster' sequel". Indian Express. Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "Neha Dhupia to sizzle in 'Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster 2'". Retrieved 18 December 2012.
- "Mugdha replaces Neha in item song of Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns". Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "Shooting Locations for Saheb Biwi aur Gangster Returns". Filmapia.
- "Review: Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns". Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- Raja Sen. "Review: Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns in grand style". Rediff.com. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- "'Saheb Biw Aur Gangster Returns' review: Tigmanshu Dhulia's 'ghamasan' return!". Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- "Anupama Chopra's review: Sahib Biwi Aur Gangster Returns". Archived from the original on 10 March 2013. Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- "'Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns' review: Earthy cocktail of power games and bedroom politics". Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- "Yahoo! Movies Review: Sahib Biwi Aur Gangster Returns". Retrieved 8 March 2013.
- "Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns Has Decent Weekend". Boxofficeindia.Com. Archived from the original on 13 March 2013. Retrieved 11 March 2013.
- "2013 Top Ten Till Date". Boxofficeindia.Com. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- 'Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster' producer plans to make a third part | Times of India